By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What about Chinatown Wars?

Is Chinatown Wars still a flop? It's still in the top 50, sold .49 mill currently, and will easily reach 600K. Is that enough to justify it's creation? DS developments cheap, and it was the first foray into DS gaming, and it wasn't a 'traditional' 3D GTA, but the DS still had a 100 Million unit installed base. I'm not really sure what to call it.

Also, is that game that Nintendo previewed at it's conference, COP or whatever, basically a GTA done right on the DS? How's that going to sell, considering it's got real GTA gameplay but no GTA branding?

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Around the Network

The general populace will still call it a flop given the overall strength of the series, but R* probably isn't too disappointed in it. Of course they'd want more and not hitting 1 million is a bit of a let down but they most likely made their money back.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

probably not well. big games like these typically dont find homes on portable systems. people usually look for games that you can play anytime, anywhere, without having to think about them during work. COP is not one of those games :/.

when you think that GTA is in the top 150 top selling games already, and still selling strong with a system that has over a thousand games on it... you're doing quite well for yourself, it's not the take off hit they wanted but it's going to be in the top 100 before it's over with and maybe the 78th million seller on the DS in the end.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

i think it has the legs it was expected to have, it's going to touch 1 million for sure and possibly 2m

but we need at least 4m to consider it a success (for the specific franchise), which won't happen anytime soon

i wouldn't call it a flop, 20k per week, will take about 3-4 years to reach 4m!?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

The game may hit a million after Chritsmas, so it won't be a flop. DS games use to have some kind of legs.

as long as they get a decent Retrun on Investment im sure rockstar will be pleased, itll hit 1 million eventually

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

It will still hit 2 million, most likely a lot more
Not sure how that can be considered a flop

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience