By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 - 1,000,000 sold in 1 day

Bungie.net reports 1,003,000 unique users - Sept 25th @ 11:30pm eastern

http://www.bungie.net/Projects/Halo3/default.aspx

oh and 3.3 million games have been played

Not bad for just 24 hours

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Remember only 60% of 360 users have xbox live acounts (gold + silver) so the number of copies sold is likely to be double that. Probably around 2 to 2.5 million, maybe even more.

It'd be a shame to have Halo and no live

Saiyar said:
Remember only 60% of 360 users have xbox live acounts (gold + silver) so the number of copies sold is likely to be double that. Probably around 2 to 2.5 million, maybe even more.

Halo comes with free 48 hour pass for Live gold.. I'm sure that not everyone will go online, but I would expect something closer to 90%

10 minutes passed and.. 1,033,000 unique users - 30,000 people in the last 10 minutes have for the first time played Halo 3 multiplayer!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I'm not going to lie, this is actually a bit disappointing....granted its only online tracking, im SURE sales are closer to 1.5 or 1.6 million for day one, which is not disappointing by any means.

Around the Network

If Halo 3 1st Day sales
Print "Disappointment Total."

Else

Print "Halo full of win."

End If

Some people may be buying it for the single player, others may simply want to finish the campaign before tackling online, etc. It's gone up by 70,000 since the thread started so it's not a big deal.

Dolla Dolla wins the thread.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Actually guys watch that tracker more closely they look to be adding another thousand new distinct users every minute. Then remember two important things. Not all 360 owners have online, and you just got to play that single player first otherwise someone is going to spoil it for you. We have to wait till the trend bottoms out before we can use their site as any kind of metric.

Right now.

Correction now its.