By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Asks - Wii Motion+ Hardware - 5x the sensitivy of a camera's Gyro!!

@dark_gh0st_boy: Just so you're not flamed badly, Wii Motion Plus has many more GAMING APPLICABLE possibilities than the Natal.

Around the Network

It does seem like WM+ is being designed with deeper gaming in mind-Iwata admitting the Wiimote led to many shallow experiences is a nice bit of humility.

Hopefully WM+ will lead to deeper experiences. I expect the best example of this will be Zelda Wii, especially if it's WM+ only.

So, With Natal and the PlayStation3 wand thing, I wonder if Nintendo will announce a cordless Motion Plus version of the Nunchuck or a new sensor bar with infrared tracking of body position (or other type of camera) next year to complement the Wii Motion Plus experience as the Nunchuck might be (or probably is) less good at motion tracking then both Natal and the PlayStation 3 wands.

Tuulikk said:
So, With Natal and the PlayStation3 wand thing, I wonder if Nintendo will announce a cordless Motion Plus version of the Nunchuck or a new sensor bar with infrared tracking of body position (or other type of camera) next year to complement the Wii Motion Plus experience as the Nunchuck might be (or probably is) less good at motion tracking then both Natal and the PlayStation 3 wands.

The tracking would be the same with two Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus though and games can be developed that way in the mean time.

The PS3 demonstration was good.  The writing your name to show accuracy impressed me, but I'm not exactly to sure that Natal will be able to have to many games developed for it at all.  Without some sort of button pressing certain things cannot be done.  How could you fire a gun with that thing? (I'm just using an example that many Microsoft fans will ask)  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger