By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto talks about Pikmin 3

Great to hear. I'd have liked to play Pikmin this holiday, but the most important thing is that it is still alive and kicking. 2010 looks like one awesome year though.

And about teams doing nothing: You should check out trestres thread, he's doing a great work at tracking all the teams. (I'm too lazy to deliver a link, but you find the thread in the Nintendo forum, it should be quite high).
The situation doesn't look too bad. Most of EAD have a game announced (Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda: Spirit Tracks). Intelligent Systems and Retro are the ones that may have big projects we don't know about.

and @woopah: what the hell are you talking about Retro doing a Zelda game that's cancelled?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

Pikmin 3 looks like it will be their big title for early 2011.

I called it.

Miyamoto should take his time, he should concentrate on Super Mario Galaxy 2 and the new Super Mario Bros. Pimin can wait. He shouldn't rush it. Nor should any of his teams.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

SJGohan3972 said:
killeryoshis said:
THey should instead get the people who are working on zelda wii and make them work pikmin 3 so delvobment comes out faster

Not funny. Pikmin is great but Zelda>Pikmin.

Dude pikmin needs a sequal more than zelda. Last major zelda game 2006. Last major pikmin game
2004. I think it needs it more. We need the franchise to go mainstream

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Soriku said:
Onyxmeth said:

Nintendo has so many teams. I don't understand what everyone is working on when we have so few announced projects. Some teams haven't delivered games in years and we're still in the dark about their next endeavors. Is there going to be some giant purge of titles one day, because if all the teams are really still there and working, then it's all going to have to come out eventually.

The next big purge will be 2010. SMG2, Metroid, Zelda (likely), Pikmin (likely), Monado (Monolith Soft's next game), possibly a new FE or Paper Mario. Maybe even Retro's next game.

2010 will be insane.

It will have been 5 years since we've had a Starfox game on a console... next year, we'd better get one... controlling an Arwing with WiiMotion+ will be the bomb!

Around the Network

But I thought everybody was super 100% sure they were going to show Pikmin 3 at E3?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ew, do not wan pik-men. :(

The hell?

It's Pikmin, and there's no dash.

Mr.Y said:

But I thought everybody was super 100% sure they were going to show Pikmin 3 at E3?

That's the beauty of it, isn't it/

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.