By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Super Mario Bros pushing limits of wii.

God.. it's like some of you people don't have friends to play this with..

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
ash3336 said:
The Conduit!!!!???

That game has BETTER graphics than NSMBWII and it has the MOST robust online multiplayer on the Wii.

Monster Hunter 3?? 4 player co-op is there and it looks simply stunning.

The Grinder? Co-op AND multiplayer. Graphics will potentially be BETTER than The Conduit.

Wow.. It sound like you actually played these non-released games.

Pixel Art can be fun.

That game simply does not need online, just play it with family and friends its so much more fun playing games and being with people at this same time.

Online gaming bores me to be honest

Nintendo has always been conservative, but what really surprises me and it shouldn't is that Nintendo programmers aren't all that good. I'm not say they are bad, just not good as say Team Ninaj, HVS, Retro, Factor 5....

Over the years (especially since N64) if you examine Nintendos games you won't find hardware pushers. You will find works of art(WW, TP) and extremely fun games(Mario series). But in recollection nothing that wows me on power.

This statement in this context seems to indicate a conservative programmers design rather than a creative process for more. Other companies will show that multi player would be doable on this type of game eventually.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

jayderyu, just watch the water in Sunshine... ;)

They are very competent.

And the sentence was added by the bloger. Miyamoto didn't say that ;)

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
SmokedHostage said:

Some of us have buy lives and jobs and getting 4 friends together to play a game is impractical to put it lightly, online solves all this.

Nintendo markets to children and housewives though, so I guess they have more time spare.

True.  Not sure why people assume if you want online it means you live a sad life and don't know anyone in real life.  When I meet up with friends it's to go out or to talk and not to play games.  The lack of online means I will really only be playing this with my wife who is not going to have much time for games as she has a baby to look after.  So will be playing one player most of the time.  But if they had just included online it would have meant I could enjoy the game in 4 player each time.

Also I don't understand why people think a game with good local multiplayer or which encourages local multiplayer should not have online.  If they offered you two BMWs or 1 BMW which would you take?  Likewise if you were offered the choice of both quality local multiplayer and quality online would you take only quality local multiplayer?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

KylieDog said:
SmokedHostage said:

Some of us have buy lives and jobs and getting 4 friends together to play a game is impractical to put it lightly, online solves all this.

Nintendo markets to children and housewives though, so I guess they have more time spare.

That, to me, is a sign of the sorry state of life at this time.  You can't meet with actually friends EVER, so you have to play over the Internet.  It used to be friends are people you met with in real life.

It's a let down that it won't have online. Local Co-op is of course preferable, but technology and expectations have moved past such simple features. If I buy a car I expect Air conditioning and automatic windows. But what's wrong with having rolldown windows if you have AC? BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING 2009 THAT'S WHY.

If I can't get 3 other people to co-ordinate their schedules to play Mario Bros, but I want to play some co-op action I should have the ability to hop online and play some 4 player co-op. Hell alot of Emulators add that support to old SNES games, and yet a multi-billion dollar corporation doesn't feel that such a feature is necessary or would be appreciated? Sometimes (often times) Nintendo is too damn conservative for their own good. But of course the die hard will defend it as a brilliant decision, it's only the sony fanboys complaining out of jealous spite, and you must be a total pathetic loser if you don't play local co-op 'M I RITE???

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

shakarak said:

In the roundtable discussion with Miyamato he stated that their is no room for online in NSMB wii because the wii just does not have enough processing power for it.  

I have to say I'm really dissapointed to see this is the maximum of wiis potential.  This is a huge limitation as this could be a reason they don't implement it in future titles.

How do you guys feel about that statement?

I feel like I'd like to see the quote.  Please don't post things like this unless you link to the quote.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

FreeTalkLive said:
shakarak said:

In the roundtable discussion with Miyamato he stated that their is no room for online in NSMB wii because the wii just does not have enough processing power for it.  

I have to say I'm really dissapointed to see this is the maximum of wiis potential.  This is a huge limitation as this could be a reason they don't implement it in future titles.

How do you guys feel about that statement?

I feel like I'd like to see the quote.  Please don't post things like this unless you link to the quote.

7:22 p.m.: Unfortunately, no online mode in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, by the way. Miyamoto just confirmed. Wii is already being overpowered by what's happening on screen in New Super Mario Bros Wii. So no power left for online.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/989/989996p1.html

8:22

New super mario brow wii can't support online because is using up all of the wiis processing power

http://kotaku.com/5276497/liveblogging-shigeru-miyamotos-developer-round-table

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.