By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Motion >Motion+ and Natal

I think we can all agree to this, because it's obvious.

The Sony motion controller does everything that the Wii Motion+ does on an actual 1:1 ratio.

On top of that, it does everything the Natal does because it also uses a camera. Obviously face recognition is within possibility, even though they did not mention it. And even though the Natal doesn't require a 'mote, I don't see anything the Natal did that is beyond what the PSEye can already do. The team was right, sometimes you just need to have buttons to make things work.

Please do not forget that the technician said very clearly 'Let me remind everyone that this is only an engineering prototype, and the design will change'

We can all agree to this can't we?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I think we can all agree to this, because it's obvious.

The Sony motion controller does everything that the Wii Motion+ does on an actual 1:1 ratio.

On top of that, it does everything the Natal does because it also uses a camera. Obviously face recognition is within possibility, even though they did not mention it. And even though the Natal doesn't require a 'mote, I don't see anything the Natal did that is beyond what the PSEye can already do. The team was right, sometimes you just need to have buttons to make things work.

Please do not forget that the technician said very clearly 'Let me remind everyone that this is only an engineering prototype, and the design will change'

We can all agree to this can't we?

What an awful way to end an OP.

Anyway, when we see a final product, price and dare I say.. software, then let's talk.

Pixel Art can be fun.

haha what's wrong with my ending? I put it there so that people would answer, and then you avoided it.

Do you agree that it has the mechanics of both?

motion+ wins clearly because it is the only controller to do truely advanced things like...walk.

You will be bashed to hell for this... although its hard to say which is the best.

Sonys looks cool, and unique.
MS is a whole new form of Motion Control, which looks amazing.
Ninty already have it tried and tested, and it will be released shortly.

Around the Network

You're a bit bias and uninformed here.

First of all, from the looks if, Wii Motion Plus and the Sony wand are IDENTICAL. They both offer 1:1 tracking. The only difference is that Sony allows the use of the Eyetoy for additional 2D capturing.

Microsoft's technology actually captures 3D space, it doesn't just analyze a 2D picture. If you turn off the lights, Sony's eyetoy is 100% useless but Microsoft's Natal continues to work because it does't use a camera to keep track of you, it actually keeps track of 3D space.

Sony brought nothing new to the table.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

Sony's motion control is a prototype of what Wii gamers will be playing with starting... this month? Not just that but it has less features, like no attachment for the left hand (what kitler53 said). Yeah, it adds a camera, but that's pretty much a small gimmick that you can use in a few games (like eye of judgment does).

Natal is a pipedream, I agree. It will probably spawn a few fun and simple games, but that's it.

So on the whole, I think both Sony's and MS's efforts fail against the Wii motion control with WM+, going by the available information.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The WM+ and the Sony device seem almost identical to me. Natal seems to be a different animal altogether especially since both the Sony and Nintendo devices lack the voice recognition part.

We won't really have a verdict until we start seeing some games for all 3.

I think your argument is a bit flawed; Sony did not state that the Sony Motion whatever could do full-body tracking (it only tracks the location of the remotes), or that it does face/voice recognition.

So no, it does NOT do everything Natal does. However, if you prefer it to Natal, that is your prerogative, and I won't try to convince you otherwise.

When it comes out in a couple of years the price of a ps3 better be way cheaper if they intend to sell this as an add-on. And even if they bundle it (which I doubt) I don't see it taking market share away from Nintendo. All opinion aside it looks to be even more far off than 2 years...