By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The facebook/twitter/last.FM thing isn't a big deal. Wii/PS3 do it already

I love how the 360 almost catching up to the functionality the PS3 and even the Wii had at launch is some kind of big accomplishment.  I've been able to play music from my PS3 using Pandora or any number of other websites for years, I've been able to get on facebook with both the PS3 and the Wii for years, I've been able to watch youtube on both and more high end internet TV like hulu on the PS3 for years.  Why is it a big deal if the console with the least web much less web 2.0 functionality finally gets a taste?  That's like saying "OMG he can walk!" when everyone else is already running.

Wake me when the 360 actually gets a functional web browser like both of the other consoles have had for years.  Hell, even the PSP has a functional web browser, you'd think the 360 could at least match a handheld and some smart phones in functionality right?

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Around the Network

Wake me up when you manage to post something that (a) somebody else didn't already post and (b) isn't a blatant troll attempt.

lol tru i never thought of it that way. but still for 360 owners who do not have these things is good for them.

Impulsivity said:

I love how the 360 almost catching up to the functionality the PS3 and even the Wii had at launch is some kind of big accomplishment.  I've been able to play music from my PS3 using Pandora or any number of other websites for years, I've been able to get on facebook with both the PS3 and the Wii for years, I've been able to watch youtube on both and more high end internet TV like hulu on the PS3 for years.  Why is it a big deal if the console with the least web much less web 2.0 functionality finally gets a taste?  That's like saying "OMG he can walk!" when everyone else is already running.

Wake me when the 360 actually gets a functional web browser like both of the other consoles have had for years.  Hell, even the PSP has a functional web browser, you'd think the 360 could at least match a handheld and some smart phones in functionality right?

BORING

badgenome said:
Wake me up when you manage to post something that (a) somebody else didn't already post and (b) isn't a blatant troll attempt.

this

Around the Network

lol...out of all great aspects of the MS E3 presentation you chose Facebook and last.fm to pick on.

Pretty sad...

Please, when the Wii and PS3 get those seamlessly integrated into their console then you can talk about that, otherwise, PC has been doing it for longer blah blah blah and this is a lame stealth troll attempt.

badgenome said:

Own4g3 confirmed. +1 to Alcoholic Ackbar!

The difference is that these Facebook/Twitter/Last FM apps have been built around the 360. For example, on Facebook your FB accounts and XBL accounts are directly linked, and you can compare your friendslists and stuff.

I'm also thinknig that you can directly upload stuff to your Facebook account from your 360, which I don't think you can do through the browser on the PS3.

Oh, and your walking-running analogy, the Wii would be in full sprint whilst the PS3 will be limping (not console fanboyism, merely browser fanboyism).