By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima and Sony...

I agree 100%

Around the Network

It's not a problem as long as it comes out on the ps3 aswel. I don't see why people are making a big deal out of it anyways.

Check out my game about moles ^

I agree 93%

I hate the idea that releasing a game as a multiplat is considered traitorous

I agree with all of that. I would prefer the Metal Gear games to stay exclusive so that the full focus of development can go into one version of the game but Kojima certaintly doesn't owe Sony any 'loyalty' and he hasn't lost any of my respect for taking MG multiplat. If MG went exclusive to the 360 I would be very disappointed as it would mean having to buy another console to carry on playing the games but I don't see Kojima ever doing that to the MG fans.

kowenicki said:

This whole episode may well be an excellent case study in the fickle nature of the fanboy.

At the moment its all about the "disrespect" shown by Kojima and how he is somehow not as "honourable" as he once was... are we all of a sudden living in the world and time of the 1house of the flying daggers? (love that movie).  2Comments like "traitor", "disrespect" and "a bit of me died when he appeared (on the 360 stage)" are way over the top.

3This afternoon I think he will annoucne some cool exclusive stuff for the PS3/PSP perhaps... then it will be.... "Well done Kojima.... the bone you threw MS was perfect.... give them something we arent bothered about.... make some money off them but give us the real McCoy"

I can see this happening, its almost guaranteed.

Dont get me wrong, I actually prefer more exclusives... even if it makes no sense from a business perspective, 4I just like diversity and a challenging market, masses of multiplats dont really drive that as much in my opinion. 

5But the way some people bahave when a GAME is announced for a "rival" machine is just pathetic.  It really is nowhere near that important.

1 Love that movie too!

2 100% agreed

3 That would be groovy, but PSP seems more likely

4 Exactly. This industry would be pretty stagnant without competition

5 Yeah, it's pretty annoying, but getting people to listen to what I think would be common sense is pretty annoying too

That's the problem I think with competition, everyone has their own favorite team, I just hope E309 won't see the first Fanboy hooliganism riots!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

I think it is good in one respect that MGS:Rising is going to be multiplatform as it means that more people will get the chance to enjoy a MGS game.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)