By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Natal could be packed with Xbox 720

Microsoft just announced their version of the motion sensing gaming but they didn't release it.It is still in development and not complete.They just teased us a bit about what is possible.Next year the 360 turns 5yrs old and it cud be the year the new XBOX is announced and released in the fall but is still highly unexpected.

But if there is a new Xbox next year,it could be packed with their Project Natal thing and just to give it a little push,they teased it this E3 cause their may not be that much time to do it all again at next E3 with announcing of the new Platform and all.They could have also teased it to steal of a bit of Sony's thunder if they announce anything big

Disscuss

Around the Network

Packed with neXtBox would've actually made a lot more sense. Still its a niche device, not capable of many genres. However, once perfected it will kill some genres to perfection. I would die for a RTS game with this.

But, this will be on PC soon, so I can wait.

In my mind, for any of this to make sense to me, it goes a bit like this.

The 360 will last at the very least 3 more years (so at least till 2012). Natal will release in 2010, sometime in the middle/end of the year. They have then 1.5 (or more) years to essentially have people test it for them. They then go back to the drawing board and make some necessary tweaks. The perfected Natal (Natal2) is packed in with the Nextbox.

In my scenario, they wouldn't necessarily make very much money in the short run (in fact, they'd probably lose some money), but by having them produced, the components will go down in price for the Natal2. The bundled Natal2 could help offset the price of the Nextbox, so they wouldn't lose as much as they did off the bat with the 360.

That makes the most sense to me. They can develop new games to take advantage of the new tech.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This is what they should do. Though they shouldn't have shown it so early if this is the case.

Around the Network

PC gaming is dying,now even microsoft is trying to make games for 360 more than their WINDOWS platform

There can't be a 720 any time soon. They have to wait one day after the PS3 which is 10 years to release it.

phnguyen89 said:
There can't be a 720 any time soon. They have to wait one day after the PS3 which is 10 years to release it.

u still don't get it.PS3 will be on market for 10years and Sony will keep pumping games for it till then but they will rlease their next console after 6 years of the PS3 relese as they have done for the PS2 and the PS3