By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm a pissed Nintendo fanboy

lol at the gifs. These are hilarious!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
FaithRaven said:

This is best by far:

Comedy gold.

i love gifs!

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

lol..yeah. good stuff guys.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

FaithRaven said:
I really apreciate some of Xbox's directions and I'm quite sure that I'll buy a 720 but seing Xbox fans happy about Microsoft going 10 times more casual than Nintendo it's just priceless.

I think you are SO missing the point here.  Yes the tech demos are casual in nature - and they are clearly telling developers "we can do Wii too" - but the thing that is mind-blowing about that hardware capability is the extent of the possibilities - and make no mistake - they go WAY beyond anything the Wiimote is capable of.  

If that demo of Milo that Peter Molyneaux was showing is ANYWHERE near as legit as they made it seem, then this is revolutionary.  And I am not talking gaming.  Think of how touch screens changed everything.  Now make it voice-recognizing, facial-recognizing, extraneous movement-filtering, etc.  Seriously?  And the complexity of the interactions in that demo are mind numbing.  Think of how many possible reactions have to be programmed for a real conversation to take place.

This is NOT about being able to play Boom Blox without a remote.  This is much more.

IF it works.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

As a motion control its more limiting than the Wiimote because of its lack of pointer capability, as was seen on the demo its very imprecise and is mostly just flailing.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

fastyxx said:
FaithRaven said:
I really apreciate some of Xbox's directions and I'm quite sure that I'll buy a 720 but seing Xbox fans happy about Microsoft going 10 times more casual than Nintendo it's just priceless.

I think you are SO missing the point here.  Yes the tech demos are casual in nature - and they are clearly telling developers "we can do Wii too" - but the thing that is mind-blowing about that hardware capability is the extent of the possibilities - and make no mistake - they go WAY beyond anything the Wiimote is capable of.  

If that demo of Milo that Peter Molyneaux was showing is ANYWHERE near as legit as they made it seem, then this is revolutionary.  And I am not talking gaming.  Think of how touch screens changed everything.  Now make it voice-recognizing, facial-recognizing, extraneous movement-filtering, etc.  Seriously?  And the complexity of the interactions in that demo are mind numbing.  Think of how many possible reactions have to be programmed for a real conversation to take place.

This is NOT about being able to play Boom Blox without a remote.  This is much more.

IF it works.

Ofc that demo it's 100% scripted. He is saying something like "WHAT IF this would be possible using Artificial Intelligence ..." thing which is many many years far from possible.

Even if it would be possible, do you think you will ever see that in game ? Would they work several months on each RPG NPC to make it like that ? It's awesome tech, I say it again, but you won't see anything more advanced than Wii Sports in the next 5 years coming out of it. Please think about it and be honest with yourself.

Wii's huge advantage is that it's a BRIDGE between classic and full motion. Wiimote's highest plus it's IR not motion. IR openened a lot of posibilities while closing almost none.

Retarded developers abused motion thus making players wave their hands like *******. It's developer fault here. Serious games uses quite few motion moves and plenty of buttons.

Also this technology it's nothing new, it has been done many years ago. The only new thing is having it included in a home console.

FaithRaven said:

Ofc that demo it's 100% scripted. He is saying something like "WHAT IF this would be possible using Artificial Intelligence ..." thing which is many many years far from possible.

Actually what he said was that these tech demos are all up and running in closed door sessions at E3 THIS year.  To what extent, we will find out as the 1ups and GamePros and IGNs of the world get their looks at them.

But we don't know how far they've come.  If, as many suggest, they are merely ripping off the Wii once they realized how successful it was, then they have come a LONG way in two years or less.  

As for every NPC acting like that kid - well duh.  Obviously not.  But every system works off a lowered system of what is possible.  The most beautiful PS3 game from year one or two is a fraction of what will come in a couple years.  The best 360 launch title is a fraction of what we saw today from Alan Wake's lighting alone.  It's a target demo to show devs what the possibilities are.

I think you're underselling it, but neither of us know for sure.  We'll wait and see.  We're not going to see it for two years at least.  But we see here is that THIS is the Xbox 720, really.  It's going to be software and peripherals upgrading our current consoles, with perhaps a new chipset or upped specs evolving over the years versus a whole new console - more like upping the specs on a line of PCs rather than reinventing the wheel.  It's ensuring 360's 10-year life cycle as well.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

FaithRaven said:

This is best by far:

My only regret is that i have..BONE-ITIS

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"