By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can NINTENDO do to win E3 now & is Wii Dead?

Mojo said:
To quote Mr. Dudley, "Prices and timing weren't available, but it won't be available until 2010 at the earliest and will probably cost around $200. Microsoft has already given game developers tools to start building games that uses the device."

This guy is pretty clever to give an estimated price and date when he himself admits that these details aren't available.

Also for the people claiming this will be next generation, the presenter specifically said they can release this next generation technology on this generation. This will be on the 360.

And that rushing to market is the potential downfall of what could be a very good piece of hardware.

The reason for the Wii's success is that those controllers are in everyone's hands. By releasing this five years into a system's cycle, there are a lot of people who will never get it and thus a lot of development will never be done for it. It could be the Eyetoy or PSEye of the Xbox 360.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

to think the wii is dead is delusional. Natal looks like it will work for only a few select games. like ones in which you dont have to move on your own. i cant see Halo, Gears, CoD, even Fable working on this. you still need a controller to control most parts of a game. with WM+ comeing soon i doubt nintendo has anything to worry about. plus i think nintedno may have something like this in the works.

my speculation is that Nintendo probably has thought about something like this but realized that it wasn't a good design choice as a standard controller so they designed something like the Wiimote where you are able to feel more weight and still having the option to play normal games with the extension port on the bottom of it(for nunchuck, classic controller, etc.) now that I think about it, Nintendo really did their homework when designing the wiimote, and with WM+, it's now a complete package.

Soriku said:

@Pheonix

Don't look at stores then, search online. There's a ton of good games coming.

I know, I understand, but people need to actually buy these games too =/

Madworld's sales make me cry, and it's a great game. I gotta head to Gamestop this week and reserve the Conduit. I just hope Nintendo has some stuff in store that people will actually buy.

Natal it's awesome and stuff but ... it's 10 times more casual than Wii motion controls. I guess the Wii fans can now laugh at Xbox going more casual than Wii lol.

Around the Network
the2bears said:
Mojo said:
Where are people getting this $200 price from? They didn't announce anything at the conference. Sounds like the anti-Natal smear campaign is already in effect within 5 minutes of its announcement.

You're so funny.  You just created a conspiracy theory out of nothing!

Thanks!

Natal is not a serious threat to the Wii.

As for what Nintendo can do to win E3, they should just showcase in a quick montage all the "core games" coming for the Wii we know about, with 2 franchises returning. Could be anything. A Zelda Wii trailer would silence anyone, so they can do that, but I think they will save that for their October conference.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

THink:

Motion Plus: announced one year ago. Only now the first games are coming

And its just a piece of plastic that you add to the wiimote.

This Natal will take at least 2 years for games to take advantage of it.

Look pretty great, but they must come with some way for you character to walk...

PS: Natal means Christmas in portuguese. Maybe this will see launch at this christmas?

I was actually hoping that MS might have came out with something better, but now I want to slap them in the face multiple times because there is noway in hell that I'm going to jump all over the place and hurt people or my display even worse, the Wiimote is already bad enough with shitty game design choices where you sometimes have to waggle for 4 hours straight in a jerk off motion, Natal isn't helping, at all, only making it worse.

Look you could be certain that Nintendo prob. saw this tech in 2006, or atleast the potential of controller less controls, and decided against it. Maybe thats all you need to know.

I think the depth of game control is extremely limiting and the games that are released next year will prove this.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.