By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can NINTENDO do to win E3 now & is Wii Dead?

@axumblade - to me its not a matter of the specifics of the setups either, but the almost instant fire dousing that the Ubisoft announcement did to the MS conference. MS thought they had the "one up" on the Wii finally, and its almost like an instant blocking.

On the point of see/hear, it might be possible to crosslink the camera with Wii speak for that functionality. Yet, I cant see much functionality in talking to your input device, unless you're recording sound/voice.

Around the Network

Ubi Soft showed a motion sensing camera for Wii at their conference. Guess this means 360 is dead. ;)

I thought the core-X360-gamers would start saying "WHY DID YOU FORGET US MICROSOFT? WHY? WHY?".

But I personally would LOVE to see Natal go well and become something REALLY GOOD, like, mind blowing. That's why I believe Microsoft should have waited 'till next XBOX and have a lot of 3rd-party support by then. Imagine if what people say 'bout Red Steel 2 and the Wii Motion+ happened not in the near future, but since first day? Microsoft should do something like that with the next XBOX if they want go for motion-control.

Anyway, I didn't get the Ubisoft briefing (neither can I see it in the close future *sigh*) so I can't say anything 'bout the Ubisoft-camera (wii-camera?).

"How hard would it be to randomize facial features and skin tones? That's what we want, to feel like we're killing hundreds of different people. Not a bunch of clones or twins. We want to know, deep down, that there are hundreds of grieving mothers out there, lamenting the terror of our dreaded blade."

Cracked.com ( http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_p4.html ), saying the Hardcore gamers' dark truth. And it's Hell True.

How are you guys still talking?

This thread is completely messed up for me.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

axumblade said:

@sirroman - I want to see a RTS that you can control by pointing at the object and moving it. If that will EVER exist I'll be all over it.

BTW, did you see the Ubisoft conference? They had this touchscreen tabletop system, a military RTS on it, two guys playing, on each end, one offense, one defense. Simply the coolest concept Ive seen in a while.

Around the Network
axumblade said:

@sirroman - I want to see a RTS that you can control by pointing at the object and moving it. If that will EVER exist I'll be all over it.

I was thinking on something along those lines too. ^^ That's why, instead of sending the development kits *today* and praying to the audience to remember what you said, like, one-two years ago... they should do what I said (actually, that's what *I* would do, maybe microsoft will own Nintendo's as* with the Natal... who knows? xD)

"How hard would it be to randomize facial features and skin tones? That's what we want, to feel like we're killing hundreds of different people. Not a bunch of clones or twins. We want to know, deep down, that there are hundreds of grieving mothers out there, lamenting the terror of our dreaded blade."

Cracked.com ( http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_p4.html ), saying the Hardcore gamers' dark truth. And it's Hell True.

axumblade said:

The camera isn't new though...Microsoft and Sony both have cameras out for the systems for years....if anything it's about time the Wii gets a camera for it..

hence why I've said since the begining that natal is a no buy for me lol, what's amazing is this thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=74762&page=8

if you read it, you might just want to blow your own head off at some of the posts.

axumblade said:

I agree. I saw the majority of it. If they find a way to actually do that idea, I will be all over it. If it's just a game, then I'll pick the other ubisoft games over it (mainly Red Steel 2, Rabbids Go Home, Assassin's Creed 2, and Splinter Cell: Conviction.) All of those look like they're really fun/entertaining to me. I think the game was either called Rise or Ruse....But if it plays like the ad for it, then I'll be all over it.

Yeah AC2 looked nice, even if it only was cutscene. This is one of the first games I'd get if I find myself with a chunk of excess cash or somehow otherwise acquire a 360

axumblade said:

I agree. I saw the majority of it. If they find a way to actually do that idea, I will be all over it. If it's just a game, then I'll pick the other ubisoft games over it (mainly Red Steel 2, Rabbids Go Home, Assassin's Creed 2, and Splinter Cell: Conviction.) All of those look like they're really fun/entertaining to me. I think the game was either called Rise or Ruse....But if it plays like the ad for it, then I'll be all over it.

I say the Ruse ad some time ago... But I always thought it was just the advertising department getting creative. Will it really use motion control like that? Hmmm... I seriously doubt it, at least for know. And if I recall it right, Ruse will be released on X360 and PS3, both didn't have any motion-control by the time Ruse was revealed.

yes it's because you set it to 100