By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS 4 isn't multiplatform

This surprised me. The new Metal Gear is coming to the 360, but MGS 4 won't (as far as we know). Isn't this a bit stupid by Konami? Xbox only owners miss an important part in the story.

Only think I can think of is that Sony secured exclusivity (so why didn't they do it for FF XIII?), which isn't timed.

(note that the MS conference isn't over yet, so anything can still happen)

Around the Network

Xbox/Xbox360 owners only (as in they never had any other systems) wouldn't have played any of the MGSs anyways so what's the big deal. Exclusives are good for consoles - Microsoft wants an exclusive.

You could also say that PS3 only gamers won't be able to play this portion of the the MGS storyline.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Nobody has said MG Rising is an exclusive?

You forget that there are PS2 owers that own a 360 and not a PS3. Will they be interested in this game? (Depends on the story I guess).

And it probaby isn't exclusive, or they would have said it over and over again.

They never mentioned exclusivity so I would assume its not exclusive to the 360. So they got to have the next MGS on their system, something I thought everyone assumed would happen anyways.

Around the Network

Its not exclusive, and sony gets a second game (PSP) and possibly a third New metal Gear game for the PS3 (Snap of Big Boss is way to detailed for PSP, especially since it said INGAME in the famitsu screens)

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

It's not multiplatform because Kojima said so....

The title MGS:R leads me to believe that it's a spin-off and has a role in the story line on as big as say, MGS:PO... PO's story was pretty much fully explained in MGS4 and there was literally no reason for me to play PO....

4 ≈ One