By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

Killzowned said:
MGS hack and slash? Fail.

Fail fail fail.

I wouldn't say fail, but it would be disappointing if the game was just Ninja Gaiden with Raiden.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
vlad321 said:
NJ5 said:
kowenicki said:
genius control, wii?... keep it!

Without buttons it won't be genius at all. Remember the racing demo where the acceleration was controlled by the "distance between your hands"?

Completely retarded for most genres IMO.

This. Needs something more than movement.

Yeah. This is the clear product of a technogeek mind (not insulting, since I'm a technogeek myself), without regard to practicality.

For example, will it be possible to have IR-like aiming with this system? Because that's one of my favourite features of the Wii Remote, and I don't think it's gonna work with this.

hey, the day that POINTING YOUR FINGER will actually do something has finally come! I wonder how you'll dodge and take cover! Imagine someone DIVING forward in order to dodge a rocket!

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

salaminizer said:
NJ5 said:
vlad321 said:
NJ5 said:
kowenicki said:

Without buttons it won't be genius at all. Remember the racing demo where the acceleration was controlled by the "distance between your hands"?

Yeah. This is the clear product of a technogeek mind (not insulting, since I'm a technogeek myself), without regard to practicality.

For example, will it be possible to have IR-like aiming with this system? Because that's one of my favourite features of the Wii Remote, and I don't think it's gonna work with this.

hey, the day that POINTING YOUR FINGER will actually do something has finally come! I wonder how you'll dodge and take cover! Imagine someone DIVING forward in order to dodge a rocket!

Just be careful not to dive down and smach your entertainment center :P

Game Moly is showing looks exactly like Eyedentify.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

the painting looks horrible, this is what i was afraid it was gonna be. This is mostly only gonna be useful for really simple games like the spaz game the girl was playing and is not practical for any game that is complex at all, obviously most games are gonna require buttons.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Wii launches with a hardware demo (wii sports) that is an absolutely fun an amazing set of games. MS launches a new motion 3D camera w/ voice recognition and its hardware demo is a potentially fun breakout game and a souped up version of MS Paint?

They should of had a RTS game with full hand/voice control. That would have better sold the tech.

Microsoft has just ruined hardcore gaming confirmed.
And btw, that girl talking to Mylo should get REAL FRIENDS.

Other than that, conference was great

IllegalPaladin said:
salaminizer said:
NJ5 said:
vlad321 said:
NJ5 said:
kowenicki said:

Just be careful not to dive down and smach your entertainment center :P

oops i can see it now ducking behind your sofa and as you get up smashing a lamp or something

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Win for the BTTF reference

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

That kid thing is interesting for the technological aspect, but just seems really weird.