By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Words Of Wisdom said:
Onimusha12 said:
Sony's misfortune is the possibly the best thing that could have ever happened to the Xbox 360.

Is it really misfortune if they dug the hole they're in themselves?

Sure. Macbeth was a flawed character and it was a tragedy. Wouldn't you say misfortune is still part of kismet?

Around the Network

nintendo made bad mistakes back in the day that cost them, now Sony is paying back the favor.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
nintendo made bad mistakes back in the day that cost them, now Sony is paying back the favor.

Nintendo made probably the most stupid decisions in gaming ever, only time will tell if sony gets anywhere near their failures.

3rd console curse.

Engelos said:
johnsobas said:

Nintendo made probably the most stupid decisions in gaming ever, only time will tell if sony gets anywhere near their failures.

Most Stupid Decisions?

Do you mean in terms of quantity or quality of mistakes because I think neither is true.

Sega had a long streak of releasing systems which would never receive much support (Sega CD, 32X, Game Gear, Saturn and Dreamcast) which eventually destroyed their reputation and forced them out of the console industry. On top of that many of their systems represented so many mistakes that it was truely shocking; the Saturn was amazingly expensive for its time, was very hard to develop for and included a controller that was so bad that Sega had to replace it soon afterwords.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

Yeah, that's why they are getting closer to beating the iPod. Rolly anyone?

What about the Zune? ;) 

In all seriousness, I played with the Zune at CES and I thought it was pretty good.  What kills me is it's dependance on a computer-based player (a la iPod/iTunes).  I don't know if the Walkman will require integration with some computer-based media player, but if $ony could give the option of dragging MP3s directly to the device, then I'd be inclined.  Same with video (if it ends up doing that).

Lost tears of Kain said:
outlawauron said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
@ ssj12

if you say bioshock is coming to ps3, then im saying mgs4 and FF 13 is coming to 360

Bioshock was originally planned to be for 360, PS3, and PC. MS bought the exclusiveity. So no. the two cases are completely different.

Yes but that does not change that both are currently exclusitivity, and are unlikely to change (well MSg4 not so much FF 13 yes, and bioshock yes)

FF XIII will stay PS3 exclusive because SE's main market is Japan, and the number of PS3's there is so much superior to 360's, it will not go across (Wii is not powerful enough for the main XIII) if you say that the sales in America alone will justify it, it has to be remembered how much it will cost to port it and how long it will take, too much and too long

add me

HappySqurriel said:
Engelos said:
johnsobas said:

Most Stupid Decisions?

Do you mean in terms of quantity or quality of mistakes because I think neither is true.

Sega had a long streak of releasing systems which would never receive much support (Sega CD, 32X, Game Gear, Saturn and Dreamcast) which eventually destroyed their reputation and forced them out of the console industry. On top of that many of their systems represented so many mistakes that it was truely shocking; the Saturn was amazingly expensive for its time, was very hard to develop for and included a controller that was so bad that Sega had to replace it soon afterwords.

Segas a lost cause.

Nintendo was top dog, but stilll managed crap like virtual boy and then the dumbass decision of cartriges caused its much better console to get destroued by the much weaker Psx.

Munkeh said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
outlawauron said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
@ ssj12

if you say bioshock is coming to ps3, then im saying mgs4 and FF 13 is coming to 360

Bioshock was originally planned to be for 360, PS3, and PC. MS bought the exclusiveity. So no. the two cases are completely different.

Yes but that does not change that both are currently exclusitivity, and are unlikely to change (well MSg4 not so much FF 13 yes, and bioshock yes)

FF XIII will stay PS3 exclusive because SE's main market is Japan, and the number of PS3's there is so much superior to 360's, it will not go across (Wii is not powerful enough for the main XIII) if you say that the sales in America alone will justify it, it has to be remembered how much it will cost to port it and how long it will take, too much and too long

Ps3 has about 3 times more sold then 360 in japan correct, but america has always helped with sales. With 360 currently almost beating it by 5 million in US, they will look at that. FF does not only sell just good in Japan, FF 12 sold what nearly 1.5 million in the US to 2 mil? With a total of 5 Million sold, about 2.5 from japan, and the rest from others. FF does make alot of money in US, but your right, it is mostly japan game. But you have to remember if they were to sell 500k on the 360, it would most likely generate a profit, and by the time it comes out for 360, you could expect 15+ million sales.

Its not a likely situation but SE could do it, matters how many Ps3 sell before its released

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I believe if Microsoft really wanted to. They could just pay Square Enix to port FFXIII over to the 360.