By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Internet Speed

take a look at my internet speed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpEYkGHGGO0

Chicken wings are best with buffalo sauce. If you haven't tried that you haven't lived! It's a proven fact, well, not really.

Around the Network

4mbps average

Fine its the nice information !!
Recently I did my internet speed test in this site http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/   & got nice solution ..
My internet speed test is quite fine ..
This site provide internet speed test at cheap cost & they are very much good in providing services ...
If u wanna find your internet speed test use this site & found result ...

I have a 5MB cable connection and sometimes ill get 6...
Although as of late its nearly impossible to stream a youtube video so its kind of being useless in someways.

restart your modem then test your internet connection with your ps3 under network settings. This will show you your download speed. I have a 10mb connection too. Note though that sometimes the connection speed could show 9.6 mbps which means you are getting 10 mbps

Around the Network

http://www.speedtest.net/result/757108511.png

"In June 2003, a third modulation standard was ratified: 802.11g. This works in the 2.4 GHz band (like 802.11b), but uses the same OFDM based transmission scheme as 802.11a. It operates at a maximum physical layer bit rate of 54 Mbit/s exclusive of forward error correction codes, or about 22 Mbit/s average throughput.[7] 802.11g hardware is fully backwards compatible with 802.11b hardware and therefore is encumbered with legacy issues that reduce throughput when compared to 802.11a by ~21%." - wiki

So your maximum is going to be 22 Mbit/s, but that has to handle
Internet downloads for 3 computers
Internet uploads for 3 computers
Random communication between router and the 3 computers
Random communication between the 3 computers (programs like itunes have sharing features that will use some bandwidth)

Turn 2 computers off, retest internet speed. If it increases, get a 802.11n router

The OP is in Canada which uses the same internet backbone as the US does.
The ISP advertises in Mbps. When you download a file you are downloading at MBps. Which as a previous poster has said is a 1/8 the advertised speed. When you do a speed test, some sites auto convert MBPS to mpbs so that you don't get confused, some don't.

In the US there is a company called Comcast which sells you a package that is "UP TO XMbps with speedboost." The speedboost feature is a network limitation of the companies network that does not allow them to throttle your connection fast enough. They turned it to a feature and extended the time they begin to throttle your connection and they call it a feature. What it does is it gives you twice the actual speed you are paying for for the first 10MB or 1 minute, whichever comes first. So for example, they sell you a package which is 15Mbps w/speedboost. Actual speed is 7.5mpbs. Actual download speed is 833KBps with this service.

In your example, they offer 10Mbps, your actual download limit is 1.25MBps.
I hope that clears it up for you more.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...