By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost Odyssey.... finished it.

What Euphoria said but the game has his moments where people just stopped playing the game (your first mission where you meet your first boss) and of course disc three where you have three teams. I had to force myself playing those parts.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@euphoria

I installed all 4 discs at the start... NOWHERE NEAR those load times for me. The individual character stats screens only showed when I returned to the game and loaded a game save - so once a session.

Also no need to swap discs after I go to disc4 if I went back in the game to early areas...

Also no slowdown whatsoever... never saw any.

So... no flaws for me. thanks.

The swap discs late in the game was me talking about Star Ocean 4.

Also yes you do have a flaw. If I remember correctly waiting 40 minutes for installs in order for a game to run properly is considered a flaw.

I clearly remember this being the case with every PS3 game install.

It is also a flaw because not everyone has a 120GB HDD nor do they have $150+ to waste on it. I guess we will agree to disagree but if you clearly ignore these faults then you are only inviting these devs to do it over and over again.

I on the other hand have no problem saying a game is good but developed like absolute shit.

Complaints like mine are part of the reason why games get corrected the next time around.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Yeah the last disc is the best but that counts for almost every game....Just exploring the world has always been my favorite part in a JRPG.

This caught my eye recently, but im torn between this and fallout 3...decisions decisions!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

To reiterate my point Kowenicki, I have a 20GB 360, so I can not install all 4 discs. This means if I play the game I will experience all of which I mentioned. This same case applies for those you question with "What flaws?".

So there you go... they are in fact flaws.

By the way, just for shits and giggles I have another "flaw" for you.

My game coming with 3 discs in the box and the 4th disc not being able to fit and having to come in a paper sleeve.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
kowenicki said:
@euphoria

I installed all 4 discs at the start... NOWHERE NEAR those load times for me. The individual character stats screens only showed when I returned to the game and loaded a game save - so once a session.

Also no need to swap discs after I go to disc4 if I went back in the game to early areas...

Also no slowdown whatsoever... never saw any.

So... no flaws for me. thanks.

The swap discs late in the game was me talking about Star Ocean 4.

Also yes you do have a flaw. If I remember correctly waiting 40 minutes for installs in order for a game to run properly is considered a flaw.

I clearly remember this being the case with every PS3 game install.

It is also a flaw because not everyone has a 120GB HDD nor do they have $150+ to waste on it. I guess we will agree to disagree but if you clearly ignore these faults then you are only inviting these devs to do it over and over again.

I on the other hand have no problem saying a game is good but developed like absolute shit.

Complaints like mine are part of the reason why games get corrected the next time around.

If there is a LO2, I'm pretty sure that feelplus will have had enough experience with UE3 to mak sure that the game runs much smoother than the original.

I agree with you though. It was a really great game, but the technical problems shouldn't be ignored.

@ Euphoria14: I haven't played the whole game but I didn't notice those frame rate drops, maybe cause I was too busy having fun... The load times either. I've played games with long loading times and I don't get why it's such an issue to gamers. That's just me but I like to relax and take it slow. I think people would need to stop wanting everything to be instant and stop being so stressed.

Oh and Kaim is everything but emotionless. I feel like there's a misunderstanding here or you missed a lot of the cutscenes. I'm not saying this only from the dream sequances. The reading parts are either (in some people's opinions) a flaw or something enjoyable, to me it's the latter. They were very well written and I think I wouldn't have wanted it otherwise.

Are you getting all achievements? The only achievement that is really hard is the treasure one =p.

kowenicki said:
@euphorai

40 mins!!!??? I installed all 4 discs quicker than the install for GT5demo. Not even close to 40 mins. But hey you are taking this OT now.

I install every game I play on the 360 and average install time per disc is around 9-10 minutes and 6.7GB. Maybe you have a Super 360.

Also do not accuse me of going off-topic. YOU are the one who clearly asked in this thread "What flaws?". All  I did was answer your question.

Currently playing:

I've heard only positive stuff about this game (to be honest it is made by Sakaguchi who is a genius), once my exams are over and im done with celebrating it im getting it (especially it is really cheap now) im also getting blue dragon.