By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who think MadWorld would have sold better on other consoles?

I'm gonna try a Malstrom to explain this.

"Hardcore" Gamer: Madworld would have sold better had it been on PS360.
burgerstein: Really? Why?
HG: It's bloody and violent and hardcore.
BS: So hardcore PS360 gamers like yourself like bloody violent games.
HG: Right, we like good games.
BS: Good is a matter of perception isn't it?
HG: Not according to MetaCritic.
BS: (facepalm) Okay, let's try some hypotheticals. You would have bought Madworld had you owned a Wii, yes?
HG: Yeah.
BS: And you'd buy it on PS360 if given the chance?
HG: Ofcourse.
BS: So you, as a hardcore gamer would buy Madworld despite the platform?
HG: I guess.
BS: And a little girl won't by Madworld for her Wii.
HG: Never, it's a good game. A man's game.
BS: You see. whether or not someone will buy Madworld depends on what games they like, not what platform they're on.
HG: Well, yeah, but there are more hardcore gamers on PS360.
BS: Prove it.
HG: I can't.

There ya go. Also I now know my screenname can be abbreviated to BS. Whoopee.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Around the Network

OK.

Wolverine sold more on the HD consoles despite being a niche game. It sold really badly on the Wii despite it being rated T on the Wii and M on the HD consoles.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

^
what does this one instance prove?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

ash3336 said:
OK.

Wolverine sold more on the HD consoles despite being a niche game. It sold really badly on the Wii despite it being rated T on the Wii and M on the HD consoles.

LOL! did you say Wolverine was a niche title?seriously? Movie tie ins are NEVER Niche games.Do you understand what niche is?

Niche:No more heroes

TIE IN: Xmen, wolverine, spiderman generic game.Cheap cash ins for the casual audiences.And wolverine was a bad ps2 port, honestly, dont think wii owners are that dense.

am i the only one who thinks madworld just wasn't a fun game- and that's the reason it didn't sell?

Around the Network
saicho said:
I think Bionic Commando would have sold better on Wii...

probably, there aren't any sandbox games on the wii that i can think off, it wouldn't have that much competition on the wii.

ash3336 said:
There are a lot of niche games on the PS360 that sold a lot. Look at UFC that got a HUGE opening week. Other completely new IP on the PS360 that sold a lot. Dead Space and Left 4 Dead.

Hardcore gamers build hype for these games and then spread the word. Wii gamers should do that and more gamers should know about MadWorld. I do not think that all of the 2.5-3 million of Wii owners should buy it but if most of them know about the game, most of those most will buy it thus resulting in higher sales.

How is UFC a niche title?  I'd wager that a lot more people have heard of MMA and the UFC than of Madworld.  Furthermore, if a title is niche, then it wouldn't sell a lot because it only appeals to a small subset of people.

Why exactly should we do this?  Why are Wii owners forced to build hype and spread the word of this game.  What if they're not interested in it?  Madworld could be the highest rated game in existence but if I don't like it I'm not going to go out of my way to inform others of its existence.  Some people need to get it through their heads that everyone has different tastes.

In response to your question: No, I don't think it would have sold better.  As mentioned by others in this thread, the game has too many qualities that limit its appeal to a wide market.                                                                                                                                   

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

I have to agree with most of the posters saying the numbers wouldn't have changed all the much. Sure, you might've grabbed 50-80% more sales, but you would also need to figure in extremely higher development costs. Also, I think Madworld's sales will pick up some when they drop the price to the $30 range. Wii owners don't want to pay the high prices that the PS360 owners are used to paying.

Hardware is only a means to enjoy great games!

It already dropped to $30 and sales are not up one bit.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

^Are you still trying to argue whether the game would have sold better on the other consoles, or are you posting just for the sake of it?

I mean, I've been following this thread for a while and it seems to be like "a hole in the bucket"!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here