By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS5 PS3 Exclusives Confirmed.

I'd crap myself if MGS5 released before the PS3's life was all but over. Not that I don't want to play the game (I do), I just realize how ridiculous Kojima is when making these games.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

i'll buy this. seems as reliable as source as anything else we've seen.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

well people must understand that playstation and metal gear solid series have a really big bond,there is no reason to break that bond and metal gear solid to go multiplatform,even if it is released on 360 it will still rely on ps3 for most of its sales,just like resident evil and street fighter.Sony and Konami did a great job with metal gear solid 4 and both had profits out of it,especially Konami.So there is no reason to go multiplatform this gen,dont forget that mgs4 achieved sales of 4mln+ on 13mln install base,if we guess that mgs5 will be released in 2010 then it will go on an installed base of more than 35mln.........

I BELIEVE that SONY will start a big assault after Q4 2009,not only in the software front but also on the HARDWARE front with ps3 slimline.THAT IS WHY they are predicting 13mln of sales for the PS3,they will have a great holiday for sure

How would anyone at GAME know about this ... I call BS. If MGS5 is in the works it won't be released for a long time and the the likely hood of a retailworker at GAME knowing about this before the likes of IGN is very slim, megaman you FAIL.

NIKOS_SE said:
I BELIEVE that SONY will start a big assault after Q4 2009,not only in the software front but also on the HARDWARE front with ps3 slimline.THAT IS WHY they are predicting 13mln of sales for the PS3,they will have a great holiday for sure

Haven't heard that line before (though the calendar years mentioned usually involved 2007 or 2008).

Really, let's just stop. MGS5 is nothing more than a rumor and the likelihood that it will even be released on the PS3 is marginal.

Around the Network

will they remove the 'oh, this is Blu-Ray' comment from MGS4 for the 360 version...?

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Scruff7 said:
will they remove the 'oh, this is Blu-Ray' comment from MGS4 for the 360 version...?

I heard from Game Informer that they plan to replace it with "Oh, this is profit" with frame-flashes of Kojima showing his junk intersperced into the footage.

rocketpig said:
Scruff7 said:

I heard from Game Informer that they plan to replace it with "Oh, this is profit" with frame-flashes of Kojima showing his junk intersperced into the footage.

I heard from one of my friends girlfriends mothers friends dog who works in game that it is being replaced with "Oh, this is good weed, wooh man, peace", FACT!

If MGS5 is Kojima's next PS3 exclusive, I still predict we'll be seeing one more -- Policenauts 2 -- on PS3 before the end of the gen, thus the PS3 will be in line to sell over 50 million units much as I predict.

I could definatly see MGS5 as being a PS3 exclusive.