By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - And TGS goes to... Nintendo!?!? B.. B. But they weren't even there.....

KTurbo said:
GranTurismo said:

Sony won the show again, maybe you guys were watching some other show. Sony had the best games, Sony had the most games and Sony had the best press at the show. I found a list of games, that were playable or had videos at the show. These are just from one source, there are more if you search the net.

PS3

MGS4: Guns of the Patriots
Echochrome
Winning Eleven: PES 2008
White Knight Story
etc...

They sure had a lot of sucky games. I agree with dtewi, they had alot of game, but only about 6 of them were any good.

well someones a complete reject.. and its not GT for once.

Great looking fun games out of that list (my opinion):

MGS4: Guns of the Patriots
 Echochrome
 White Knight Story
 Metal Gear Online: Starter Pack
 Project Origin
 Imabikisou
 Dynasty Warriors 6
 Folklore
 Ratchet & Clank
 Valkyrie Of The Battlefield
 fl0wer
 Time Crisis 4
 LittleBigPlanet
 BlackSite: Area 51
 The Last Remnant
 Soul Calibur IV
 Eye of Judgment
 Go! Sports Ski
 Aqua
 LocoRoco Cocoreccho! (i bought this on the PSN its freaking FUN!!!)
 Afrika
 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue  

Even though a few are multi-plat (Soul Cal, BlackSite, Dynasty, Last Remnant) these games seem to be fun and bring something to the table. I would have kept Army of Two there if it wasnt for the fact its been in development before Peter Moore was highered. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

This is revenge for all those times Sony and MS won E3s with prerendered videos while Nintendo brought playable games.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:
This is revenge for all those times Sony and MS won E3s with prerendered videos while Nintendo brought playable games.

umm.. did you not notice at least 13 of the games I listed were playable at E3, TGS, and GC?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Imabikisou
fl0wer
Go! Sports Ski
Aqua

Those are the new anouncements from your list SSJ (some might not be new but a quick google search didn't turn up any pre-TGS info).  Which, unless I missread, is what people are getting at here.  The point is that continually pointing to the same games you announced the last big tradeshow or talking about games already released or already with gameplay preview videos doesn't win new attention like a completely new announcement for a new game that people hadn't heard about.  

So the contention that people are making is that the Wii won based on the merits of its new content, unlike Sony and MS which attempted to surf through mostly on existing information.  I honestly haven't followed most of the coverage so I don't know all the details here but what I am saying doesn't require me to know every little detail about TGS, its true no matter who it applies to. 

@Thread topic:  From what I have seen I don't think the Wii won the show cut and dry, I would say measuring new content only it won pretty much hands down.  But for not showing up and no first part showings I would say its pretty close between Sony and Nintendo as to who won the overall show.  But I doubt many Sony fans are going to except that. 

PS - So does this mean the "Where is the 3rd part support?" threads are finally going to go away lol?  I'm sure we will get a few more but I think its very amusing that both Bod and I said back in July that starting in September and building up from there we will hear about new 3rd party support...and sure enough mid September a bunch of new 3rd part games get announced.   Let the onslaught begin~

PPS - @Lost Tears of Kain,

Not 100% sure what you were trying to imply but I think Boogie is a fine example of how Wii owners aren't just buying whatever crap is shoveled to them.  So I don't know why you would think games have to be fun to make money on the 360 and believe that not to be the case for the Wii.

To Each Man, Responsibility
HappySqurriel said:
GranTurismo said:

I would have thought that Sony fans would have learned their lesson with Lair ...

If you took that game list, removed multiplatform games, removed games that had been released, removed games that had been at trade shows for more than 1 year, and removed games which were going to be crap (Go! Sports Ski and Ratatouille as examples) there would be no games on the list.

Just to make that clearer for everyone:

Multiplatform

• Winning Eleven: PES 2008 
    Devil May Cry 4 
    Dynasty Warriors 6
    Beautiful Katamari 
    FIFA Soccer 08 
    Sega Rally Revo
  • BlackSite: Area 51
    The Last Remnant
    Soul Calibur IV 
    Army of Two

Released

•  Folklore
     Ratchet & Clank
     Rainy Woods
     FIFA Soccer 08 (comes out in Europe in a few days)
     Bladestorm 
     Heavenly Sword 
     LocoRoco Cocoreccho!

Trade show for over a year

• MGS4: Guns of the Patriots 
    White Knight Story 
    Dark Sector 
    BlackSite: Area 51
    Ratchet & Clank 
    Eye of Judgment 
    Afrika
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue 

Crap

• Ratatouille 
    Go! Sports Ski 

That leaves...

•  Echochrome
     Winning Eleven: PES 2008 
      Metal Gear Online
     Project Origin 
     Imabikisou 
     Rainy Woods
     Mainichi Issyo 
     Yakuza 3
     Record of Agarest War
     fl0wer 
     Time Crisis 4
     LittleBigPlanet 
     Aqua

Wow, not a lot for TGS...doesn't help that most, if not all of these games were announced beforehand.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

well Mgs and gt5 were playable. Depends on the site you read. One thing is for sure. Tgs was lame.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sqrl said:

Imabikisou
fl0wer
Go! Sports Ski
Aqua

Those are the new anouncements from your list SSJ (some might not be new but a quick google search didn't turn up any pre-TGS info). Which, unless I missread, is what people are getting at here. The point is that continually pointing to the same games you announced the last big tradeshow or talking about games already released or already with gameplay preview videos doesn't win new attention like a completely new announcement for a new game that people hadn't heard about.

So the contention that people are making is that the Wii won based on the merits of its new content, unlike Sony and MS which attempted to surf through mostly on existing information. I honestly haven't followed most of the coverage so I don't know all the details here but what I am saying doesn't require me to know every little detail about TGS, its true no matter who it applies to.

Yea, but Heavenly Sword and the others havent been released in Japan yet so of course Sony will make sure they are playable and present them till they are released. Also the announcement of MotorStorm 2 was a nice side bonus. 

All this Nintendo won talk, yet i see not a single list of new games announced at TGS for the wii. Overall this was the most lackluster TGS ever as far as new things go. No one stole the show, no one had anything huge announced.

ssj12 said:

Yea, but Heavenly Sword and the others havent been released in Japan yet so of course Sony will make sure they are playable and present them till they are released. Also the announcement of MotorStorm 2 was a nice side bonus.

I'm not sure why you would think I disagree with any of that. You seem to state it as a counter to what I said (unless I took it wrong). But really if you read my statement after the part you quoted we are pretty much saying the same thing.

Which is that for the overall show Sony and Nintendo were pretty close, but when it comes to strictly new content it seems Nintendo has the best showing.

Edit: A lot of people seem to want to minimize the importance of whichever aspect is negative for the company they cheer for.  But in reality both aspects of the show are important. 

PS - @Darkdays, I too am interested in a complete list but I don't think making an assumption of absense equating to non-existance is correct. Overall I would have to agree that this TGS wasn't that great but the topic at hand isn't about how good the show was but rather how good the individual presentations were.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Found a list of Nintendo games at the show, nothing on the list thats any good.

wii

Oboro Muramasa
No More Heroes
Rygar: The Battle of Argus
Active Life: Athletic World
NiGHTS
Devil Kings 2 Heroes
Project O
Ratatouille
Deca Sports
DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Zenkoku Decotora Matsuri