By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - And TGS goes to... Nintendo!?!? B.. B. But they weren't even there.....

This year, even though the show was ostensibly anchored by hardware makers Sony and Microsoft, every third party was itching to show off their Wii titles. A typical situation was that of Capcom's booth. Although they'd been on the vanguard of Xbox 360 developers and had perhaps the best PlayStation 3 exclusive at last year's TGS with Devil May Cry 4, the vast majority of their booth this year was taken up with three major Wii exclusives: Umbrella Chronicles, Zack and Wiki, and We Love Golf.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/09/final-thoughts-.html#more

From what i've followed I am tending to agree with... the most new projects were announced for Nintendo.... most of the best impressions came from 3rd party Wii games...

I'm amazed at how different I feel towards Wii after this event.

I was of the feeling that maybe Nintendo hadn't garnered as much third party Japanese support as I thought... but with Project O impressing the hell out of me I'm rather shocked...

(this thread wont end well)

Around the Network

lol j/k

doesnt suprise me, wii is where the money is currently, cheap to make and easy profits. 360 also is profits, but they usually have to be good games. I hate that the wii is becoming the cheap way to make money with weak games

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

No... this thread won't end well. However, considering Soriku posts 5 threads at least twice as likely to be flamed as this one daily it's not that bad lol.

There did seem to be a lot of Nintendo related stuff at TGS. I would say if a single game won the show it was probably MGS4 as far as actually impressing the media, but in overall quantity of new quality games and info on new games there did seem to be a lot of focus on Nintendo platforms. Surprisingly, almost all of that focus was positive.

It was certainly good news for Nintendo gamers to see all these 3rd party games so well received. I can't see Zack and Wiki being the game that converts all PS3 owners, but a lot of Wii owners are happy to know it was a lot of fun. I think every system owner probably found some positive news/information in this TGS about their system and it's games though. There weren't a whole lot of new announcements for any system, but some good info and impressions were given on games across all 3 systems.

The better part of the article was:

"And what of Tokyo Game Show? As I've been telling everyone who will listen, this year's TGS really seemed to me to be like one of Microsoft's X0n events, where they bring journalists out to foreign countries to distract them with an international vacation and a screwed-up biological clock, then show them the same games they could see in America just as easily. I don't want TGS to become some kind of dog-and-pony show for the press where we stay in the New Otani hotel and talk to people who live in Seattle about Halo 3. I want to cover Japanese games. If said games are never going to be released in America, so much the better".

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

naznatips said:
No... this thread won't end well. However, considering Soriku posts 5 threads at least twice as likely to be flamed as this one daily it's not that bad lol.

There did seem to be a lot of Nintendo related stuff at TGS. I would say if a single game won the show it was probably MGS4 as far as actually impressing the media, but in overall quantity of new quality games and info on new games there did seem to be a lot of focus on Nintendo platforms. Surprisingly, almost all of that focus was positive.

It was certainly good news for Nintendo gamers to see all these 3rd party games so well received. I can't see Zack and Wiki being the game that converts all PS3 owners, but a lot of Wii owners are happy to know it was a lot of fun. I think every system owner probably found some positive news/information in this TGS about their system and it's games though. There weren't a whole lot of new announcements for any system, but some good info and impressions were given on games across all 3 systems.

well said naznatips.  There is certainly something for everyone and for all three consoles (Wii, PS3, 360).

I'm going to have a problem in deciding what games to buy, and I only own a Wii.  Some of the PS3 and 360 games certainly look very appealing, but without the time or resources to play what I want for the one console I own.....it's not likely that I'll be picking up another system.

If I picked up anything else it would be a PS2, and I'd grab some of the classics for that system and all at great prices.

Around the Network

Well they were announced for Nintendo's Wii...I wouldn't consider the game developing Nintendo a winner of course.

There were more Wii announcements than I expected though...most of them were fairly interesting games.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

that was a good read. we can see the shift in developers, but PS3 still has a few big guns in there.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Whens Nintendos next conference?

The most telling thing to me was that poll (in another thread on this board) that showed the % of games at the conference / platform. Wii & DS were the easy winners, and the Wii was up from 3% (last year) to around 15% (this year).

If the Wii (& DS) managed to dominate sales this year, imagine whats going to happen next year with 4x the software (if not more) launching for it.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

this thread is a joke