By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Laryngitis - HELP!!

Yes, I know, this is a very abnormal topic, but this was the most intelligent forum I visit.

Is there any way to treat laryngitis without prescription antibiotics? I've recently moved to a new state and I have no insurance yet, so it would cost a lot to go a doctor. I was wondering if anyone here knew a way to treat it or at least subdue the symptoms enough so I could go in for the kill with something like Tylenol?

Around the Network

Lemon Tea...with honey.

Sounds yummy, let's hope it works. Thanks a lot!

super_etecoon said:
Lemon Tea...with honey.

And make it warm if you can tolerate it.

Also, if you have some sort of... um... air conditioning (is that the word?) try to keep it on "Low" and if you have fans (again, grammar?), don't point them directly at you or it will worsen it.

And don't forget to keep away from cold drinks :) 

super_etecoon said:
Hot Lemon Tea...with honey.

Have you ever hear of Propolis or propolio??? It helps... but hurts a lot... Natural product from the Bee`s polen...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Good, so I just have to stay away from the cold. Easier said than done, since my house has neither an air conditioner nor a fan. Thanks a lot for your help, everyone.

Try gargling several times a day with ½ tsp. of salt in a glass of warm water.

Rest your voice as often as possible (speak softly and not as often).

Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.

Try taking more Vitamin C.

FJ-Warez said:
super_etecoon said:
Hot Lemon Tea...with honey.

Have you ever hear of Propolis or propolio??? It helps... but hurts a lot... Natural product from the Bee`s polen...

We had a singing group come to our church to present a Christian College.  They sing in a school or church every day for the whole summer.   One of the young men in this group was having some laryngitis, and was using the propolis stuff.  It seemed to working well for him.

Eating oranges would probably be a good source of vitamin C. Avoid pills.
Spinkle a little bit of salt on the orange slices would help too, i think.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything I said above. :)

As a Canadian, the thought of a system that leads to people seeking medical advice on a videogame sales forum scares the ever loving crap out of me.

And hot tea and honey for the win!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.