By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best Buy to receive new 80GB PS3 SKU after E3, will cost $399

So who says this new PS3 is $399?

I don't see the price anywhere in that picture, who's to say it isnt $299?

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
The dimensions of the box seem to be that of the current PS3 boxes, doesn't look like a slim version is coming...

No new models have been registered with the FCC since last year, it's too soon for a new model to be released as it takes a few months from submission to FCC until we see new models hit the market. This is just standard 80Gb with something bundled. If slim is real we probably won't see it until something like October.

White PS3?

axumblade said:
ssj12 said:
this actually confirms a price cut, why would a limited edition pack be $399? Even the Uncharted bundle, grant it was 160GB + a game, was $499. I expect a small price cut this E3. Maybe $50 for the normal SKU without a game.

Keep in mind that the Motorstorm and Metal Gear Solid 80 GB bundles were $399...Uncharted is an extra 100 simply becaue it's got twice the hard drive size.

They were $499.99 and included the B/C PS3

Isn`t 9th June release date of Prototype?

inFAMOUS + Prototype bundle would be FUN. =))
Also, inFAMOUS + Killzone 2 bundle possible too. We will know pretty soon.)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
Isn`t 9th June release date of Prototype?

inFAMOUS + Prototype bundle would be FUN. =))
Also, inFAMOUS + Killzone 2 bundle possible too. We will know pretty soon.)

I still think its a best buy exculsive bundle.  Like the target one

axumblade said:
rckrz6 said:
axumblade said:
ssj12 said:
this actually confirms a price cut, why would a limited edition pack be $399? Even the Uncharted bundle, grant it was 160GB + a game, was $499. I expect a small price cut this E3. Maybe $50 for the normal SKU without a game.

Keep in mind that the Motorstorm and Metal Gear Solid 80 GB bundles were $399...Uncharted is an extra 100 simply becaue it's got twice the hard drive size.

Wait...yeah you're right...I just remembered I went half in on one. But it still doesn't really mean there will be a price cut. The 80 GB was dropped to 400 last year when they took the reverse compatibility out and has remained at that price since. If they throw a couple of games into it, it still doesn't mean anything. Look at the Target bundle that was released earlier this year.

Acually they took the 40gb and just put a bigger HD in it.  The 80gb b/c and the current 80gb are not related at all.

Target Bundle    $399

http://www.target.com/PlayStation-Greatest-Hits-80GB-Bundle/dp/B001X5164K/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=1Z6MVRZSED8K750WSNC0&pf_rd_p=465357931&pf_rd_i=B001X5164K&pf_rd_s=bottom-6&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101

axumblade said:
rckrz6 said:
axumblade said:
rckrz6 said:
axumblade said:
ssj12 said:

Wait...yeah you're right...I just remembered I went half in on one. But it still doesn't really mean there will be a price cut. The 80 GB was dropped to 400 last year when they took the reverse compatibility out and has remained at that price since. If they throw a couple of games into it, it still doesn't mean anything. Look at the Target bundle that was released earlier this year.

Acually they took the 40gb and just put a bigger HD in it.  The 80gb b/c and the current 80gb are not related at all.

They're PS3's....All I've heard that was changed was the memory card adapter was taken out, same with 2 of the USB's and the reverse compatibility (whatever is in charge of that).

I was correcting the order,   They did not go directly from 80gb bc to 80gb current.   They went 80 ----> 40 ----------> 80

40 was the first stripped down version with the new 65nm chips, they just added a bigger hdd to the 40. 

In other words the 40 and 80 (current) are exactly the same besides the HDD.  Where the two 80's are nothing alike hardware wise..

The 40gb and the new 80gb are also 65nm,  where the old 80 b/c is 90nm (No Emotion Engine; ps2 software emulator)

Im speaking in terms of hardware revisions.

Still no one can show me where they got the $399 figure from, its clearly not in that picture.