By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best Buy to receive new 80GB PS3 SKU after E3, will cost $399

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/26/best-buy-to-receive-new-80gb-ps3-sku-after-e3-will-cost-399/

According to the database, this new SKU is scheduled for release on June 9th, one week after the start of this year's E3 Expo. The listed price for the bundle is $399, the current price for a PS3 system now. Analysts have repeatedly stated a PS3 price cut is in the works, but this new SKU may suggest otherwise. Conversely, Sony may opt to drop the price on a "bare bones" bundle, while offering this new "elite" package at the now-standard price.

For now, this new bundle may be exclusive to Best Buy, similarly to Target's post-GDC bundle. The UPC listed uses a prefix that is typically used in Best Buy's PlayStation products. If Sony packages some newer high-profile games with the system (we have a few in mind), the $399 price point might be a bit more attractive. Oh, and Sony, please don't bundle Lair and Haze with the system, kthanks.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

what game is coming out 6/9? might be a game bundle like they did with their MGS4 80gig limited edition bundle.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

The top right conrner says LIMITED EDITION. Self Explanitory.

Says LTD-ED which is Limited Edition if I had to guess... And who knows what the limited edition will be... Could be software b/c.

Infamous bundle? I mean the games coming out right around then anyway...

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

It's actually out today.

DMeisterJ said:
Squilliam said:

It's actually out today.

Shows how much I keep track...

Tease.

Prototype bundel ??

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
Prototype bundel ??

Prototype isn;t sony exclusive

rckrz6 said:
nen-suer said:
Prototype bundel ??

Prototype isn;t sony exclusive

Dosen't matter.

Think 'GTA4' bundles