By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More DS Lovin' from Mistwalker: Archaic Sealed Heat (ASH) Vids

Archaic Sealed Heat is developed by Mistwalker and being released for the DS in Japan this year. Because Sakaguchi loves FMV and cinematics so much, this will be the first DS game to require a 2 gigabit game card on the DS.

Gameplay

Gameplay will be contained on the bottom of the screen, while the top screen contains an FMV depicting the action of the battle.

This game will feature video pre-rendering process, where segments of complete animation were already compiled before the gameplay rather than render graphics as the game advances. This technique causes the visuals on the small resolution screen to be of higher quality.

Some Vids to whet your palette:

Japanese TV Spot

Battle Gameplay

Full Japanese Trailer:

The DS has a solid lineup of RPGs.

Around the Network

nice

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Hrm, might be another DS game to buy. Very interesting to hear it will have a 2Gb cart. The way it's going there will be an 8Gb game on the DS in a few years.

Edit: As shams points out there is a big difference between Gigabits and Gigabytes. 8Gb card would be 1Gigabyte.

I am so buying this baby - it looks amazing, with heaps of effort put into it.

2Gbit cart --> 256MB --> 1/2 a CD!

That is *really* impressive for a DS title. I'm sure you'll see 4Gbit (8Gbit?) carts before the DS gets phased out - a CD on a cart!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Ah I love my DS. So many RPGs.

Around the Network

I like the "select the monster you wish to beat to death"...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."