By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 2007 User Popularity Elimination Game

AWARDS:

ASSASSIN
Winner: ssj12
This award is given to the person who has the greatest proportion of "elimination" votes compared to total votes. Amazingly, the winner also has a tie for the greatest absolute number of eliminations, 6, despite having only 15 or 16 total votes! A born killer. And he would have had 2 more if not for a valid vote being ignored!

LATE TO THE PARTY
Winner: fkusumot
This award is given to the last person to become a contestant or to the last "live" contestant to become a voter.

MOST CONTENTIOUS
Winner: RolStoppable
by a country mile -- 219, with presumed runner up Onna76 at only 97. johnlucas and naznatips got the most votes of those with no devoted benefactors/detractors at 71 and 84, respectively.
This award is given to the person who garnered the most positive and negative votes over the course of the thread. (Due to the limitation of the collected data, each individual voter's positive and negative votes canceled out to one cumulative score.)

MOST DEDICATED
Winner: kber81

This award is given to the person who has the most concentrated vote spread -- the most votes spread amongst the smallest number of benefactors/victims. kber81's average of 6.5 beats the runner up, Soriku, who is at 4.9. kber81 cast a total of 42 votes (14*3).

MOST DIVERSE
Winner: Final-Fan

This award goes to the person who voted for or against the greatest number of people. (This would be the opposite of the Most Dedicated award.)

MOST EVENHANDED
Winner: fazz
This award goes to the person who gives out votes without any favoritism or hate; this would be the antithesis of the Most Positive and Most Negative awards.

MOST NEGATIVE
Winner: Soriku
This award is given to the person with the greatest total of negative points accumulated against one contestant.

MOST POSITIVE
Winner: kber81
This award is given to the person with the greatest total of positive points accumulated towards one contestant.

MOST SELF-HATING
Winner: routsounmanman
This award is given to the person with the greatest total of negative points accumulated against himself or herself.

MOST SELF-PROMOTING
Winner: dodece
This award is given to the person with the greatest total of positive points accumulated towards himself or herself.

POSITIVE-SCORE ELIMINATION
Winners: dtewi
This award is given to anyone who has an "elimination" vote against a contestant who they have a positive cumulative total of votes for. There is only one winner, though mancandy came close.

SUCCESSFUL HATER
Winners: fkusumot
This award is given to those who have an "elimination" vote against a contestant who they have a disproportionate number of negative votes against. There is, perhaps surprisingly, only one winner.

SUICIDE
"Winner": dtewi
This award is given to anyone who has an "elimination" vote against himself or herself.

And of course, there's that other award -- almost an afterthought, really -- known only as:
THE WINNER -- naznatips

ADDITIONAL STATISTICS:

fazz's voting record:
1 of 0
16 of +/- 1
1 of +/- 2
9 of +/- 3

%%%%%%

johnlucas TOTAL 71
+7 fkusumot
+6 Soriku
+5 ItsaMii
+4 ArtofAngels
+4 RolStoppable
+3 dodece
+1 fazz
+1 nintendo_fanboy
+1 Snesboy
-1 Final-Fan
-1 Joeykanga
-1 routsounmanman
-1 super_etecoon
-2 VonShigsy
-5 mitsuhide
-6 RobMate
-6 superchunk
-7 ssj12
-9 kber81

naznatips TOTAL 84
+10 tiachopvutru
+6 Words of Wisdom
+5 dtewi
+3 kber81
+3 Lost tears of Kain
+3 routsounmanman
+3 ssj12
+3 VonShigsy
+2 ItsaMii
+2 lolita
+1 OriGin
+1 outlawauron
0 Onna76
-1 ArtofAngels
-1 carlos710
-1 fkusumot
-1 RolStoppable
-1 Soriku
-2 Final-Fan
-2 mancandy
-2 mitsuhide
-3 fazz
-3 superchunk
-4 FJ-Warez
-9 dodece
-11 super_etecoon

Onna76 TOTAL 97
+35 kber81
+3 konnichiwa
+3 VonShigsy
+1 fazz
+1 fkusumot
+1 lolita
+1 nintendo_fanboy
0 FJ-Warez
0 routsounmanman
-1 ItsaMii
-3 Soriku
-3 ssj12
-3 tiachopvutru
-4 Final-Fan
-5 RolStoppable
-6 dtewi
-9 Words of Wisdom
-18 super_etecoon

RolStoppable TOTAL 219
+29 Final-Fan
+12 dodece
+11 ItsaMii
+9 tiachopvutru
+8 mancandy
+8 super_etecoon
+7 naznatips
+5 routsounmanman
+5 Words of Wisdom
+4 mitsuhide
+2 FJ-Warez
+1 ClaudeLv250
+1 dtewi
+1 nintendo_fanboy
+1 WiteoutKing
0 DarkNight_DS
-1 ArtofAngels
-1 fkusumot
-1 sonyfanatic
-2 konnichiwa
-2 lolita
-3 fazz
-3 Lost tears of Kain
-3 outlawauron
-3 weezy
-6 kber81
-6 RobMate
-7 carlos710
-7 Onna76
-11 VonShigsy
-12 superchunk
-22 Soriku
-24 ssj12

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Most positive and most dedicated kber81, thanks to him I'm a winner after all :D

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

VGChartz #1 girl award: Lolita.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

RolStoppable said:

Those are a hell of a lot statistics, Final-Fan. How much time did it take you to collect so much data? Do you even play videogames?

Nice to see that there were 9 people who added 5 or more points to my score over the course of this game. On the other hand there are 8 people who deducted 5 or more points from my score...

It all started when lolita said that I was voting against her "every time". I thought that she was wrong, and so I went back and counted all the votes I ever cast, which somehow turned into all the votes everyone had ever cast. After that it seemed a shame not to keep it up to date.

I did play videogames during that time, but obviously not as many as I had been planning to. I have yet to beat Halo 3, for instance.

As for how much time it took -- well, I think it went from about 8 PM to 2 or 3 AM on that first night, but after that it was probably less than 30 minutes per day, not counting the voting itself. And then obviously another couple of hours to pretty it up and get it posted, as you can see from the timestamps.  Most of that was changing everything from alphabetical order (easy to add data) to in order by score (nicer to look at).  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Wow. That's a lot of time and effort Final-Fan. Impressive detail in the work. I feel kinda bad that I didn't vote much in the contest that I won. The problem is that I like the members so much that I always hated to vote negative on anyone haha.

You missed a few awards though

TOPIC MODERATOR, PEACE KEEPER, and SCORE TRACKER
Final-Fan

Thanks for keeping the topic running. God knows if we had left it to Soriku it would have died on page 2.

Around the Network

Almost forgot: All the biggest cumulative votes (X>9)

+35 to Onna76 by kber81
+29 to RolStoppable by Final-Fan
+26 to Bodhesatva by ssj12
-24 against RolStoppable by ssj12
-22 against RolStoppable by Soriku
-18 against Onna76 by super_etecoon
+12 to lolita by carlos710
-12 against HappySquirrel by kber81
+12 to RolStoppable by dodece
-12 against lolita by dodece
-12 against RolStoppable by superchunk
+11 to RolStoppable by ItsaMii
-11 against naznatips by super_etecoon
-11 against dodece by fkusumot
-11 against RolStoppable by VonShigsy
+10 to naznatips by tiachopvutru

One name dominates this list. Raise your hand if you're surprised.

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
Wow. That's a lot of time and effort Final-Fan. Impressive detail in the work. I feel kinda bad that I didn't vote much in the contest that I won. The problem is that I like the members so much that I always hated to vote negative on anyone haha.

You missed a few awards though

TOPIC MODERATOR, PEACE KEEPER, and SCORE TRACKER
Final-Fan

Thanks for keeping the topic running. God knows if we had left it to Soriku it would have died on page 2.
You are clearly overestimating Soriku's abilities to keep a thread alive.

I did think it was odd that he constantly declined to follow his own rule in his own thread by not reposting the list when he voted. 

Haha I guess I was the middle ground. It seems I was rarely voted against or for in any dedicated fashion. I guess at least that means I don't have many enemies.

naznatips domination starts two months from now.

LOL

Yeah, Soriku for some reason insists on posting on his Wii. The Wii is great and all but if you have internet available you have a computer... use it.

Great game, great ending...
BTW Great Stats Final Fan...

But I want to add something:

MOST LAZY
Winner: Soriku
Wii know why

"naznatips domination starts two months from now. "

LOL

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Great stats Final-Fan! Now when do I get my "Late to the Party - Successful Hater" banner?