By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Finaly, a new sports collection for the WII: Deca Sports

Finally someone will do a "Wii Sports":

TGS '07: Deca Sporta Hands-On

"Ask a handful of Wii owners what their favorite game for the system is and one game inevitably keeps popping up: Wii Sports. The game's simple controls and straightforward nature has made the pack-in game a mainstay for Wii owners, even months after the introduction of the console. Now, game company Hudson Soft is looking to tap into the Wii Sports fan base with a collection of gesture-based sports games all its own: Deca Sporta. Yesterday, on the floor of the 2007 Tokyo Game Show, we had a chance to try out three of the 10 sports that will be in the final game."

Videos:

Trailer

Badminton Cam Gameplay

Archery Cam Gameplay

Snowboarding Cam Gameplay

----------

If the game is good done and good advertised it could sell very well. So far it looks promising to me. 10 new good  sport games would be nice.

Around the Network

curling!? no way!

finally! this is what i've been waiting for. not if it sucks like wii play though, of course.

EDIT: no mii support?  that also sucks. 

the Wii is an epidemic.

There's kinda curling in Wario Ware.

So long as someone yells "Have a heart", the game gets a plus in my book.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Wow looks pretty good honestly. A lot of these games tend to have one or two games that shine and the rest sorta suck but so far this looks really good.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Game looks a bit terrible to me. Gameplay looks boring except of badminton.

When in earth are they going to release a decent tennis game for once on the WII??!!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Well tennis is done with Wii sports, kind of. But yes, a nice deep Tennis game would be nice. I think Volleyball, Badminton and Basketball can be quite funny. The racing games will be not so cool i think, but hell, I'm not so into racing games.

The WII screams for a game like a Virtua Tennis, what's wrong with creating that? Take Two comes with a table tennis game. I've seen trailers and looks really dull IMO, never I've seen table tennis players play in such a slow tempo like that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Top Spin is coming to the Wii and NBA 08 is on the Wii also so i will take them instead.

Capcom has announced Wii Love Golf developed by Camlot (Devs of Mario Golf, Mario Tennis etc ..).
Wii Love Tennis and Wii Love Baseball might be far behind.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

A Wii Sports esque game without Mii support and costs money? I can't get myself interested in this.

My friend is an idiot. He kept playing Tetris because I told him there was an endboss.