By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz 2.0 FAQ

nen-suer said:
after the site upgrade when i press the add image on my signature all i get is white pop up window

how can i fix this?

Same problem here, also in rich text composition page for posts, smileys, images and media insertion pop-up windows are empty. From what I read around, FF is affected, Opera is unaffected, didn't read anything about IE, do anybody still use it?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
You can submit "extras" for every game in the DB, just that for 360 and PS3 games they're already automatically formatted into Achievements and Trophies respectively

but extras only have values for the platforms I listed. Extras have not been intended for use for other platforms. They are set up to be extended to those platforms if we find a real use.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Alby_da_Wolf said:
nen-suer said:
after the site upgrade when i press the add image on my signature all i get is white pop up window

how can i fix this?

Same problem here, also in rich text composition page for posts, smileys, images and media insertion pop-up windows are empty. From what I read around, FF is affected, Opera is unaffected, didn't read anything about IE, do anybody still use it?

There was a security hole found in the RTE, so some features have been disabled for now. Hopefully it will be fixed soon as I personally really want to use some of those features for in-depth guides and such.

edit: for now you can use [img] url [/ img] and [url=http://] text to be displayed [/ url] tags for images and links. Just remove the spaces from the [/ tag]

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
nen-suer said:

how can i fix this?

There was a security hole found in the RTE, so some features have been disabled for now. Hopefully it will be fixed soon as I personally really want to use some of those features for in-depth guides and such.

edit: for now you can use [img] url [/ img] and [url=http://] text to be displayed [/ url] tags for images and links. Just remove the spaces from the [/ tag]

Thanks for the "emergency procedure", but RTE features I use work again.

Flash problems worsened, though (I wrote about them in "The official VGChartz 2.0 thread", for example here: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=73593&page=77 )

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

How do i re size the screen so i dont need to side scroll? I like the overall design but this is my only gripe.

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
How do i re size the screen so i dont need to side scroll? I like the overall design but this is my only gripe.

As noted in the FAQ you can not change the page width that VGChartz is set up for. However, you have 2 options to fix this on your end.

1) change your monitor resolution to 1280x... or higher (1280x1024 should be supported by any LCD or CRT with the exception of smaller laptops)

2) use FireFox or Internet Explorer and zoom in/out. This can be done either through the menu's, ctrl+ (+/-), or ctrl+mouse wheel scroll.

nordlead said:
FootballFan said:

As noted in the FAQ you can not change the page width that VGChartz is set up for. However, you have 2 options to fix this on your end.

1) change your monitor resolution to 1280x... or higher (1280x1024 should be supported by any LCD or CRT with the exception of smaller laptops)

2) use FireFox or Internet Explorer and zoom in/out. This can be done either through the menu's, ctrl+ (+/-), or ctrl+mouse wheel scroll.

A third method is firmly holding the image with a finger while you move around the monitor

Nord.

Game banner what is it about.

Tbone said:
Nord.

Game banner what is it about.

the game banner is the banner located with the name of the game.

In most cases it is just a bunch of boxarts. However, for some games it has been updated by users.

Path of Radiance has Ike's face behind the name of the game. I uploaded that banner even if it was just a crop of the game boxart

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=771&region=All

Game banners have proved to be one of the most popular new features, I've accepted more than 100-150 of them, seems like some really enjoy making them