By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime Trilogy Hands-on - (All 3 games on one disc :O)

I don't get it, why more ports? I was hoping they would release a new entry in the series by now, this is free cash for Nintendo in my opinion (most people like myself still have the 1 and 2 from the gamecube).

Around the Network

nice!!! Wohooo!

I have all three games (the two for the GC) but now I have a reason to rebuy them all again as I want to play the old games with MP3 controls sp this is great news!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

1 disc ? are the games that small ? can't be !
or is it Pr to make it sound better. please tell me is there a solution they can put it on 1 disc?

edit : Ok, ( a friend of     ) me went to some illegal site and it's actually possible, part 3 is 4.1, the others around 1.

Low res alarm !!! :D

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

Avarice28 said:
I don't get it, why more ports? I was hoping they would release a new entry in the series by now, this is free cash for Nintendo in my opinion (most people like myself still have the 1 and 2 from the gamecube).

Of course this is only an apetizer for the REAL stuff, but I quess Nintendo was right some people are NEVER happy.

1200p|is|FullHD said:
or is it Pr to make it sound better. please tell me is there a solution they can put it on 1 disc?

I think I read that this version had lousy video compression. So I guess that was to make room for the extra games and updated graphics.

Around the Network

duel layer, only brawl uses this so far. This one will probably use it as well. It fits easily then.

liquidninja said:
1200p|is|FullHD said:

I think I read that this version had lousy video compression. So I guess that was to make room for the extra games and updated graphics.

u mean that they tear down the video scenes of the games ? sounds ok as there isnt much cutscene as far as I can judge from part 2.

am I correct that the Wii disc holds up to 6.8 gb ?

4.1 + 1.1 + ~1 ( havent found an exact figure for the first one ) is still another 0.6 for new control ( that wont take any space imo and better graphics ( PLEASE )).

but is the wii dvd 6.8 gb big ??

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

just by the way, why the heck doesn't nintendo implement online into this, how many generations do they still need to get it into their fixed heads.

WHY

Wii DVD disc can hold 8.5 GBs of data same as the Xbox and Xbox 360 discs.
 Cube discs maxed out on 1.5 GB so this should be no problem to put on Wii disc.

Maybe there will be unlockable 2D Metroids on there too! It's been a while since I've played Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, and Metroid 2 (But I don't ever want to play Nes Metroid ever again!).

I bet they save these gems for the DSi, though.