By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: "We haven't decided" yet whether to put Resident Evil 5 on the Wii

dahuman said:
the one after that.

Then why the one before?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

because it's not as good.

dahuman said:
because it's not as good.

Then you should have written "and", not "since".

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

those are 2 different statements made.

if its budget priced i would buy it.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
dahuman said:

It sure didn't seem like it.

If RE5 on the Wii would be terrible, then "not as good" doesn't get the point across. "Doesn't hold a candle to" would.

They haven't decided whether or not they would port it, but I've decided whether or not I would buy it........

And some of you guys REALLY need to go back and play the old Resident Evils. The initial playthroughs were long, and scary, but they mostly consisted of walking into the same rooms over and over and over and over because you were lost, couldn't solve a puzzle, or needed the "Silver Key". After that first playthrough, the games were 1-2 hours long. Res Evil 4 & 5 is what the series needed to become. Code Veronica (the last "traditional" Resident Evil) was almost 10 years ago!

d21lewis said:
They haven't decided whether or not they would port it, but I've decided whether or not I would buy it........

And some of you guys REALLY need to go back and play the old Resident Evils. The initial playthroughs were long, and scary, but they mostly consisted of walking into the same rooms over and over and over and over because you were lost, couldn't solve a puzzle, or needed the "Silver Key". After that first playthrough, the games were 1-2 hours long. Res Evil 4 & 5 is what the series needed to become. Code Veronica (the last "traditional" Resident Evil) was almost 10 years ago!

You're forgetting 0. But otherwise I agree.

LordTheNightKnight said:
d21lewis said:

You're forgetting 0. But otherwise I agree.

And  I own that game, too!  Memory is failing me, in my old age.......

LordTheNightKnight said:
dahuman said:

It sure didn't seem like it.

If RE5 on the Wii would be terrible, then "not as good" doesn't get the point across. "Doesn't hold a candle to" would.

it's pretty simple really and there isn't any flaw to them as they are very much personal opinions.

1. I don't think they should port RE5 over when we already know RE4 is the superior game unless you are really a die hard fan of the Resident Evil series and must own every single RE game there is but then you'd have a 360 or PS3 already.

2. RE5 by itself is not a good game, at all, the only reason it sold is because of the RE name and nobody knew how good the game was before release, but now we know the truth.

therefore I want a new RE for Wii, that's not a rail-shooter, and a little more innovative, ports like Dead Rising is something I can live without, but we all know Mikami is gone so good luck with a innovative RE.