By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future of Sony and Microsoft Game Systems

I have a friend is who is a VP for IBM.  Now most of you know that IBM developed the chips for the PS3, the XBOX 360 and the Wii.

This friend and I were talking about the future video games and I asked him if they were developing for the next systems for microsoft and sony.  He told me he could not say anything, and basically confirmed after that that i could take that as they are working on chips for them.  He also said something that implied there could be a collusion between microsoft and sony.

Just thought i would give you guys an interesting update.

Around the Network
xenophon13 said:

I have a friend is who is a VP for IBM.  Now most of you know that IBM developed the chips for the PS3, the XBOX 360 and the Wii.

This friend and I were talking about the future video games and I asked him if they were developing for the next systems for microsoft and sony.  He told me he could not say anything, and basically confirmed after that that i could take that as they are working on chips for them.  He also said something that implied there could be a collusion between microsoft and sony.

Just thought i would give you guys an interesting update.

I don't see why either company wouldn;t be atleast planning the next console by now

its different than planning, this would mean ibm is developing

well see how it works out. Maybe collusion means theyll use upgraded chips of what theyre using now. Both chips were basically the same thing (more or less) and i assume they will be similir next gen as well

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Both companies must be at least finding parts to use for the next gen systems.

Around the Network

Everyone's well into development for their next-gen systems, that's for sure. Though i don't know if Microsoft would look into IBM again. I think they're going back to Intel, to try the Larrabee chip for the next-box. Nintendo and Sony will probably go with IBM again, though, for different reasons.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.