By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - where did PS3 "haters" come from?

i think ps3 haters were the ps3 users themselves coz they wont know the system and hate it anyhow without using it....systems have different effect on the users i guess...they have different perceptions...its jz a matter of acceptance and appreciation.....i think.....

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Lafiel said:
Ronster316 said:
Sega Loyalists.

I am a Sega Loyalist and a happy PS3 owner, partly because Sega supports the PS3 so well.

Those "Sega Loyalists", that still blame Sony for "killing Sega consoles" should wake up to the reality, that consumers killed Sega consoles.

not really true, sega killed their own consoles.  They released too many, too quickly, and made them too hard to develope for.  This resulted in lack of consumer confidence and lack of developer support which ultimately killed off Sega's hardware making days. 

The only people to be blamed for Sega's demise is Sega themselves.  It's sad, but true.

btw, I'm one of those suckers that bought every sega system up to dreamcast.  Genesis, sega cd, 32x, game gear, nomad, saturn, dreamcast.  While I love Sega's games, I'm happy they no longer make hardware, because it was expensive keeping up with all their hardware.

I must congratulate you all for supporting an opportunistic "corporation" (sony)

As opposed to supporting real hard working game makers. (Sega)

@ Ronster316 )

hey, atleast I support an opportunistic japanese corporation and not an evil opportunistic american corporation

but, I'm planing to support Sega by buying all their PS3 games that interest me new, while I buy nearly all other games second hand

I'm very disappointed with Sony. I mean, I was expecting the best and most powerful machine on the market today yet a lot of multiplats are inferior, and the PS3 has been losing its big exclusives. Sony lied. This is how it all started. It's an informative segment.

Lafiel said:

@ Ronster316 )

hey, atleast I support an opportunistic japanese corporation and not an evil opportunistic american corporation

but, I'm planing to support Sega by buying all their PS3 games that interest me new, while I buy nearly all other games second hand

Although i admire the fact that you buy Sega games, you aso support the very  same company that is mainly to blame for Sega's demise in the first place.

I have never once bought a single sony product new and never will. (2ND hand only so they never get a penny from me)

About me supporting microsoft?

Picture this................................

If a company came along that was capable of burying sony just like sony buried Sega, wouldn't you want that company to succeed in their venture?

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Khuutra said:
There's no such thing as brand loyalty among most gamers - the virtues of the PS2 didn't carry over to the PS3 in the eyes of many gamers.

Because those gamers were blinded by fanboyism

It was the way Sony's PR acted in 2005/2006. They were incredibly arrogant and lost a lot of support by being so.

The BuShA owns all!

Mostly Sony's arrogance; however, what I don't get is why they would rather support a company that is ten times more arrogant.

How do you breathe again?

@ Ronster316 )
As I already said in this thread I think you are believing in a convenient fairy tale here. Whatever eases your pain, pal.

Actually as a gamer I support games that interest me no matter who makes them, which is why Sony's plattform is my system of choice this gen.

@ Mirson )
you said you hated "Sony fanboys" and now I know why, lol - because you give them enough fodder to jump you and feed on you

It's been more than 2 years now since Sony released their behemoth and for about the same time we know, that most of Sony's PR was .. well, PR, but you still cling to your disappointment, that it isn't what you expected it to be? Time to let go, don't you think? Or is bearing grudges fun? I don't really understand people like you.

They were all injected with 12cc's of haterade

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Lafiel said:

@ Ronster316 )
As I already said in this thread I think you are believing in a convenient fairy tale here. Whatever eases your pain, pal.

Actually as a gamer I support games that interest me no matter who makes them, which is why Sony's plattform is my system of choice this gen.

@ Mirson )
you said you hated "Sony fanboys" and now I know why, lol - because you give them enough fodder to jump you and feed on you

It's been more than 2 years now since Sony released their behemoth and for about the same time we know, that most of Sony's PR was .. well, PR, but you still cling to your disappointment, that it isn't what you expected it to be? Time to let go, don't you think? Or is bearing grudges fun? I don't really understand people like you.

Sorry, but i don't let criminal acts go unpunished so easily.

Sony only got in to the gaming business for profit, sony looked down upon gaming until ken "thief" kutaragi came along and stole hardware and software ideas from nintendo that sony could exploit.

By all means, take pride in supporting a "corporation" who initially had no talent whatsoever in the gaming department.

And also take pride in the fact that you contributed to the downfall of a company who have had gaming roots in their blood for many decades.

Real gaming talent

vs

Corporation who buys their success.

I'll take option A thanks.