By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm a Mac and I'm a PC - Elimination

I saw this for the time a few minutes ago and I thought it was awesome.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

As painfully unfunny as all the other ones, I see.

this type of mac ad is getting boring now...

Alright.. I see it's not cool to like Mac/PC commercials anymore. >.>

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
Alright.. I see it's not cool to like Mac/PC commercials anymore. >.>

It never was cool, just hip. Big difference.

Around the Network

i'm a linux and i use firefox!.

She should have said "I want a computer that's affordable" or "I want a computer that has software."

I'm a recent iMac buyer, first Mac ever. Of course I juuuust missed the new macs by TWO weeks, so I missed all the new specs. Maybe if I had bought it from Apple, they would've helped me out. I went through newegg.com to take advantage of no interest for a year, though they did throw me a $25 credit when I asked if anything could be done. So it was either I pay 1000 bucks up front to Apple for better specs, or no interest for a year through newegg and have the previous iMac specs. Maybe it worked out for the best.

Anywho, taking the plunge was scary. Honestly, this much money for a computer? And I have long since left my glory days of computers behind me. When I would upgrade, play games, DL, etc etc. Now I'm the guy who just surfs the internet and checks his email and IM's. Really, the cost of this computer is too much for someone like me. So why did I risk it? Well, I kept hearing one thing over an over when I read reviews. How 5 year old Macs seemed to run as well as they did the first day their owners bought them. And that was a major selling point.

To be blunt, I got sick and tired of babysitting one PC after another, trying to stay ahead of the eventual (And all too quick) slowdown. No matter what I did, how careful I was, 2-3 months after getting a PC (That I bought, or built) the thing would start to lag. And the new PC speed that you fall in love with the first few days, seems to be gone forever once that lag kicks in. Hell, my last computer I DL NOTHING onto it. And though I kept up with it, it eventually got so bad that after a year, I couldn't even stay online long. Things would lock up. And when a program locked up when I first got it, no problem. You could restart that program. After the first year, the whole computer would need a reboot or else the program wouldn't start or wouldn't act right without one.

So, what do I think of the Mac? Despite me not using any of the built in features all that much yet. I like it. Three months in, it's the same computer it was when I first got it. Arguablly the best computer I've ever owned (And I've owned many top of line, for their day, PC's). Never had to reboot, no slow down. Hell, even my connection speed is noticeably faster. People say I'm nuts, but I can't argue with how fast things load online. The OS has certain things I like over Windows, some I don't. But I'm a creature of habit. So I'll get used to things. Oddly enough, the one program that gave me problems with the mac was Safari. Started out fine, but now would crash multiple times a day. Very annoying. It's only saving grace was that it would start up again, no issues. But the constant crashes get old fast, so I've been on Firefox ever since. AOL also sucks on a Mac, but I guess AOL sucks to begin with. But been with them since 96, and again, I'm a creature of habit. Sucks that I don't have a real true AOL version on Mac, and am stuck with Desktop or AIM. As the Mac version of AOL doesn't even get new updates anymore.

Wouldn't this topic do better in the apple section?

O.... thats right...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o