By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square-Enix & Intelligent Systems Team Up

Dragon Quest + Mario RPG?

That certainly would help the DQ franchise in the West if the next Paper Mario/Mario RPG game was a Dragon Quest crossover.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Khuutra said:
Soriku is Paper Mario the only IS series you've played?

Yeah. But what I played of that one FE I liked the story. I just think SE can help make it better. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Well, nothing, except that you haven't actually played enough IS to definitively say something like that.

Soriku said:

Hey, I like SE stories >.> I like IS stories too though but I think SE can add more twists to it. A good story collab would be nice.

@Valkyria

No but I know it's not angsty. I don't have to play the game to know that, I've already heard it from people. I'll be getting it off VC sometime, today I got Zelda: MM. Will start soon.

Yea....you "know" a little too much from things youve never played.

EDIT - Why the hell would Paper Mario need twists...its no suppose to be epic crap like FF. Fire Emblem stories are good as is and they dont need to be touched by SE.

Err the question was aimed at Soriku not you dude
Oops! My apologies.

Yeah. But what I played of that one FE I liked the story. I just think SE can help make it better. I don't see what's wrong with that.
I really don't think SE could do any better with a Mario story without throwing in more then just a bit of angst :/

How technical is your game?

I know what this deal going to be basically.SE will do the over all story and graphics while IS while do the actually gameplay and character interactions.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network

Thank god its for dsi ware.
Now all you people that have just bought a dslite will be sorry.

I am so sick of people hating on the dsi.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
SmokedHostage said:
This is terrible news.  Intelligence Systems has more talent in their janitor's finger than the entire staff of Square-Enix.

Oh please. You may dislike Square Enix, but they still are the top third party Japanese developer.

Not so much lately...in fact Namco has been the #2 pub in Japan for a while now (Nintendo being #1). SE are also lower thank Konami (and one more company?) IIRC .

Thank?Who do I need to thank?

Finally I get some payback.I have been bitter since that time you owned me.Because I called Beat and  Rhyme "brothers".When they were in fact siblings.

OT:Great news,Nintendo need to announce a New Super Mario Bros game for the DS though.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
SmokedHostage said:
This is terrible news.  Intelligence Systems has more talent in their janitor's finger than the entire staff of Square-Enix.

Oh please. You may dislike Square Enix, but they still are the top third party Japanese developer.

Not so much lately...in fact Namco has been the #2 pub in Japan for a while now (Nintendo being #1). SE are also lower thank Konami (and one more company?) IIRC .

Really, Namco was the #1 third party publisher this year? What did SE release? Crisis Core and Chrono Trigger?

Nothing too big.

Namco will not do as well as SE is going to do this upcoming fiscal.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Final Fantasy Tactics Emblem please!

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press