By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New length record? Terminator Salvation 4 hours long?

twesterm said:
radha said:

Is this the shortest game this gen ??? your thoughts please

I finished House of the Dead: Overkill in less than 2 1/2 hours and was drunk most of the time so I imagine you could finish it in shorter.

radha said:
i think this is the first time no one can argue this

LAZY DEVS

It's not so much lazy devs but probably short development cycle.  Instead 8 hours of crap they give you 4 hours of good.  Do they at least have multiplayer to add to it a little?

4 hours of good? it got a 4.7 on the review

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
radha said:
Sqrl said:
Portal?

Obv it came with several other games increasing the value but it could be finished in 3 hours (actually much less than that really, but many finished in 3 hours first go). So not a record but certainly very crappy for a single offering.

oh and portal was made by a group of students using the Hl engine as an university project later valve let then include the game in the OB, students not professional, so is ok it was kind of a series of bonus levels

Just to be clear, you do know that I wasn't attacking Portal right?

Portal is an amazing game and one of my favorites of the generation.  I pointed it out as a counterexample to the possibility of Terminator being a new game length record holder.  Portal probably isn't the shortest either honestly.

The last sentence "So not a record but certainly very crappy for a single offerring." was in reference to Terminator Salvation as indicated by at least 2 context clues.

To Each Man, Responsibility
misteromar mk4 said:
SmokedHostage said:
fuck that..

I second that, sad thing is reviewers tend not to care how short games are, it makes their job easy and it will most likely sell well.

Heavenly Sword got a lot of heat for being fairly short. That's a shame, because it's a fantastic game.

Holy shit, less than 4 hours, lacks online play, 9 freaking trophies, this game is epic fail.

Here is the trophy list (12)
L.A. 2016 Gold Trophy
Complete Chapter 1 - L.A. 2016 on any difficulty
Thank Heaven Gold Trophy
Complete Chapter 2 - Thank Heaven on any difficulty
New Acquaintances Gold Trophy
Complete Chapter 3 - New Acquaintances on any difficulty
The Sights Gold Trophy
Complete Chapter 4 - The Sights on any difficulty
Underground Gold Trophy
Complete Chapter 5 - Underground on any difficulty
Into the Wild Gold Trophy
Complete Chapter 6 - Into the Wild any difficulty
Angie Gold Trophy
Complete Chapter 7 - Angie on any difficulty
Every life is sacred Gold Trophy
Complete Chapter 8 - Every life is sacred on any difficulty
For the Resistance Gold Trophy
Complete Chapter 9 - For the Resistance on any difficulty
Seasoned Commander Gold Trophy
Complete the Game - Become a commander on Medium difficulty
Veteran Commander Gold Trophy
Complete the Game -Become a commander on Hard difficulty
Determinated Platinum Trophy
Collect all other Trophies

haha 11 golds and one platinum. So glad I have a gamefly account.

Around the Network

11 gold and 1 platinum nice, how come he said 9 trophies.

What? 4 Hours? That blows.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

@tbone
because he made a mistake :P

there is one trophy for each level. Nine levels. He must've forgot that there are two for completing the game at harder difficulties.
Still, NINE gold trophies is a huge amount. There are only normally 3-4 per game.

radha said:
twesterm said:
radha said:

Is this the shortest game this gen ??? your thoughts please

I finished House of the Dead: Overkill in less than 2 1/2 hours and was drunk most of the time so I imagine you could finish it in shorter.

radha said:
i think this is the first time no one can argue this

LAZY DEVS

It's not so much lazy devs but probably short development cycle.  Instead 8 hours of crap they give you 4 hours of good.  Do they at least have multiplayer to add to it a little?

4 hours of good? it got a 4.7 on the review

I'm only going off of what I've heard about the game, if you already know it's a bad game then why do you actually care?

theprof00 said:
@tbone
because he made a mistake :P

there is one trophy for each level. Nine levels. He must've forgot that there are two for completing the game at harder difficulties.
Still, NINE gold trophies is a huge amount. There are only normally 3-4 per game.

Yeah i know 11 golds are alot to bad i cant rent it just for the trophies guess i will have to wait until its 10 bucks