By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP Beats DS In Japanese Weekly Hardware Sales

leo-j said:
I think the psp might sell 200k this week. While ds drops to around 60k in japan. Something tells me a huge change is occuring. PSp sales should hit 100k in U.S with ds sales dropping to 100k.

There isn't a huge change occuring because a change would require people actually buying software, FF:CC is a new releases and it will sell well but it does not set the trend for other PSP titles and it will take more than a few good selling titles that appeal to the Final Fantasy stronghold on the PSP to maintain a steady trend. With those 77,777 limited edition PSP slims gone we'll definitly see reduced sales next week, to what extent we can't say yet. Face it Leo, you're just setting yourself up for dissapointment. Unless the PSP-Slim Lite can convince people to actually buy the games instead of pirating them or using the PSP only for it secondary features for free at no profit to Sony, it will just be the same ole song and dance.

Around the Network
Parokki said:
Andir said:

In a turnaround of fortunes that would have seemed impossible even a month ago, the PSP has outsold the Nintendo DS for the first time in over a year.

Last time I checked everyone knew the PSP was going to outsell the DS for a few weeks with a FF7 spinoff and a redesign of the console being released on the same week.

Very good sales, although talking of "overtaking the DS" or "turning the tables around" is pretty absurd.

No we didn't. Even with other hits, like Monster Hunter, the PSP was still lagging, so this was not expected, nor is this anything to sneeze at.

BTW, the lagging DS sales also seem to be from a relative lull in new DS software.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs