By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create 9-10-16 Hardware..Nintendo hits new lows

sharky said:
Magera said:
For Shame. Nintendo need to take head at this and get the Wii out of the Rut of No 3rd Party Games!!!

It's the DS all over again!

I wouldn't worry too much. UNLESS it continues this way for a few more weeks..

I wouldn't look at it in terms ofweeks, but rather months.  Let's be patient here -- low sales for a few weeks don't mean a lot, especially when people are saving up to buy the competition's consoles.  Nintendo has some big sellers coming out this year that should affect demand for the Wii as well, and oddly the DS' demand seems to be down in the land of the rising DS.

The PS2 also had many weeks of low demand in Japan.  It fluctated a lot.

Around the Network

Right now this means nothing to Nintendo, because it's the holiday season they will make a kill and dominate every market. A few weeks with the PSP on top in Japan or the 360 on top in America is not going to worry them. Does anyone realistically think any system has a shot to have sales on par with the DS or Wii come November and December in any market? If so I'd love to hear the arguement. You can buy a DS or Wii practically for anyone as a gift, and they're cheaper than their competitors. Plus Mario Galaxy and Smash Brawl are a one two punch that many seem to be underestimating. I'm sure you'll see Nintendo have a huge advirtising push as well, an area they seem to have been a bit quiet in as of late.

Christopher_G2 said:
Right now this means nothing to Nintendo, because it's the holiday season they will make a kill and dominate every market. A few weeks with the PSP on top in Japan or the 360 on top in America is not going to worry them. Does anyone realistically think any system has a shot to have sales on par with the DS or Wii come November and December in any market? If so I'd love to hear the arguement. You can buy a DS or Wii practically for anyone as a gift, and they're cheaper than their competitors. Plus Mario Galaxy and Smash Brawl are a one two punch that many seem to be underestimating. I'm sure you'll see Nintendo have a huge advirtising push as well, an area they seem to have been a bit quiet in as of late.

Nintendo isn't going to be dominating anything. 40-45% market share isn't dominating anything, when there's another console other 40% as well.

Demand doesn't just drop off like that without some kind of worldwide story saying the Wii causes cancer!!

It's obviously a shipping issue. Maybe they've allocated a lot of units for the recent Prime launch in the US (and soon in the UK)

But still, it's 2x the PS3s!

And also, wow, only 1k for the 360. That's really, really embarassing.

I made a BET with someone THIS WOULD HAPPEN (for this week only)

don't remember who tho

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Parokki said:
In case anyone hasn't noticed, it's still selling more than the PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 combined.

Uhh, no it's not?

PS2 - 14k
PS3 - 12.5k
360 - 1.5k
       =28k

Wii - 28k

They round to the same thousand, but the Wii's a few hundred ahead. Saying "more than... combined" and going as far to bold it is probably a bit too much with such small differences, but I was trying to point out the Wii is still doing very well.

I probably should've made it more clear I was talking about Japanese sales, but that's what this thread at least started with.