By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda announcing ‘really big’ Wii game this year

Oblivion : The Waggling Islands confirmed for 2009 release.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
arsenal009 said:
NJ5 said:
Five percent of the Wii userbase = 2.5 million. I certainly hope that's not the level of sales they're expecting, especially for a first effort on the Wii.

He never said they were looking to capture 5% of the Wii userbase sales.

If it’s five per cent of the market and you can own that space it’s worth doing because you can achieve volume. If you can’t own it at five per cent, it’s not worth doing, quite frankly.

How do you interpret this sentence and especially the bolded part then? It's not entirely clear, then again that was the point of my post.

I believe he means that he hopes at least 5% of the Wii userbase is made up of potential customers for their particular niche.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

This got me wondering... has there ever been a WRPG on a Nintendo system... ever? o_O

As far as i know Bethsda only makes rpg's. A really big rpg on the wii would be fantastic. Oblivion was pretty good, not great. Fallout 3 was awesome, except for that stupid level 20 cap. They just did it, so people would buy their dlc because of a raised level cap alone. If they pull that shit on this game, then i'm gonna be pissed.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Well we know they have a working Oblivion engine on the Wii which is also the fallout engine... so maybe a new elder scrolls/fallout/same genre ish game?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Non Sequor said:

I believe he means that he hopes at least 5% of the Wii userbase is made up of potential customers for their particular niche.

But what does that mean in practical terms, sales wise?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Non Sequor said:

But what does that mean in practical terms, sales wise?

If it's a great game maybe half the niche will buy it?  though half of that would still be a million which is nothing to frown at.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

They could always do a version of Morrowind for Wii with added content to justify a $50 price tag. Morrowind ran well on the X-box. The Wii is more powerful than the X-box, it has nearly %50 more RAM, and much faster RAM.

Oblivion 2 Remake.

Morrowind with motion controls would be my first guess.