By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Europe Preorders.

kber81 said: diamuerto said: Games for non-gamers are usually addictive games. Also no one ever said they would stop making games for the hardcore gamer crowd. I don't mean Nintendo because they have nothing complex (ok, Zelda looks fine) but all market turning onto silly stuff. I don't like the vision only lucrative games for devs are in style of Wii-Play,Wii-Sports or Mario because it means less for me.
Zelda is one of my favs, sadly I hate windwaker and majora's mask. But ocarina of time kicked major ass!

Around the Network

Kwaad said: Diomedes - I'm just saying, the PS3 numbers that exist today... Dont have games selling the consoles. Japan still dont have games, USA, is starting to get them as of last week. :p All I'm saying. Not saying your saying the PS3 sales are bad. I'm just saying. Those games your saying are out for the PS3... might be out for you to buy, but their not gonna show up in the numbers for another month.
It has no games selling it but it does have the "Cheap blue-ray" factor. I witnessed myself a bunch of people buy it only because it could play next-gen dvd's I know 3 seperate people with no interest in gaming that purchased PS3's. Granted 3 is a small sampling but that's just among my somewhat small circle of friends. Not to mention the people I witnessed purchasing it with a TV at best buy yet no games. I think PS3 is gonna lose that factor though as the games come in and the Blue-ray player for the same price comes out.(When was that due again?) I honestly see this race having no clear winner. I see it working one of two ways actually and please bear with me here. 1) I see a large casual crowd expanding off the DS, which was undeniably good at drawing in non-gamers, swelling the Wii up to be about equal, maybe a bit less or a bit more, with the PS3 and the 360 in a somewhat close 3rd. or 2) Wii as the also sold system with a minor interest from casuals. Xbox360 owners are more likely to take to the Wii then a PS3 in addition(Assuming they don't trade in their 360 for the PS3 or something of that nature) While the same could be said for PS3 owners adopting the Wii as an "also purchased" I see a few PS3, Wii, xbox360 exclusive owners and a few who will grab all 3 but these crowds are probably pretty low. I'd also assume the Xbox360&PS3 owning crowd to be quite small. #2 seems more likely to me.. but hey if the DS taught us anything it's that.. you never know.. Though I called the DS's success before PSP/DS were released >.> only to be called insane for saying the DS would spank the PSP.

the less they buy, the sooner price will be lower. =) hower price for consoles in UK always was big, just like for xbox360 - 280pouns or 560$.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Death2009 said: BenKenobi88 said: Death2009 said: Heres to a hope of a huge launch in europe and the wii being knocked down to #3 and sony winning it's 3rd straight gen! *Raises Glass* CHEERS! lol. sure, whatever you say, cheers! Read dude read. There is no part of me that will hide the fact I want nintendo to lose this gen. I hope they lose and MS and Sony to drive them out. I don't care who wins as long as it's not the big N.
Amen brother! In my mind Nintendo has two good franschises: zelda and metroid. That's it. Those are the only ones I would ever buy. Both could easily be 3rd party titles for other consoles. If their new console is the winner of the this generation, as far as I am concerned, console gaming will have moved backward and I will go back to PC gaming for the dark ages ahead.

PSN ID: redsock

Or...you could play Wii and play on the PC at the same time, like I do. btw...Sony has how many good franchises? Oh...right...zero. It's all in the third parties...which are moving more towards 360 and Wii every day.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Umm two things. 1. @ redsock -- zelda and metroid are but 2 of the many great franchises Nintendo owns. Mario, pokemon to name just a couple of other million + sellers every time. Also there is no way either of these games would ever be 3rd party software on any other machine. Nintendo as a hardware maker is not changing any time soon. 2. @ BenKenobi88 -- Sony as a few really nice franchises that are 1st/2nd party and thus not going anywhere. Like Motorstorm, etc.