By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Source's Baseball Predictions

The Mets will finish their historic collapse.  The Red Sox will hold off the Yankees by at least one game.

The Cubs will win their division

The Padres will win their division, Arizona will fade a tiny bit, but get the Wild Card

Angels, Cleveland are in too.

Final Records:

Phillies 89-73 (6-3 in final 9 games)

Mets 87-75 (3-7 in final 10 games)

Cubs 86-76 (6-3 in final 9 games)

Brewers 84-78 (6-5 in final 11 games)

Padres 91-71 (6-4 in final 10 games)

Arizona 90-72 (4-5 in final 9 games)

Playoffs (round one):

Arizona vs. Phillies

Padres vs. Cubs

Red Sox vs. Indians

Yankees vs. Angels

Round two:

Phillies vs. Cubs

Indians vs. Angels

Round three:

Phillies vs. Indians

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

I like the Indians in the World Series too. I'm surprised that the Yankees were able to catch up with the Red Sox. At one point they had 10 games separating them late in the season.

"I don't believe anyone walks into a game store with $600 in their pocket and wonders what console to buy." -President of Worldwide studios Phil Harrison "Nintendo Wii has been a successful enterprise, and a very good business compared with ours, because it's cheaper." -Sony chairman and CEO Howard Stringer

I don't follow baseball as much as I used to, but here's a few thoughts.

I want Boston to win, but aside from their incredible championship year they haven't shown they know how to finish. They've blown an incredible lead over the Yankees, but then again NY has been on frikkin fire in the second half.

The Mets have been totally pathetic this last week or so. So it won't surprise me too much if they off themselves.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Yea Red Sox losing their lead is more about the Yankees playing extremely well than the Red Sox doing badly. Unlike the Mets' situation which is the exact opposite.

And The Source is a Phillies' fanboy so don't count on his NL predictions. :P

Red Sox vs New York Mets

Rematch of the 86 WS

Reds Sox will win the WS in 5 Games

Around the Network

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who just don't want it to happen but the Yankees will in fact go all the way. The Yankees vs. Cleveland this year are 6-0, against the Red Sox they are 10-8 and are 5-1 for their last 6. The angels like always have given them some trouble but the Yankees are HOT right now and have been since the all star break. Since the All Star break they are 46-22 which is .676 which is the best of any team. Interleague play they are 10-8 and I'm sorry but the NL is looking more and more like a minor league rather than a major league, just look at how many errors the league leading Mets have committed recently.With Mussina, Pettite, Wang, Clemens, Hughes, and Kenedy all healthy and on top of their game right now, along with the Joba sensation with the veteran Rivera to close it up and a HUGE bullpen for support as well as the AL MVP A-Rod who has defined clutch this season along with Mr. October Jeter, and Posada with his break out year, Cano's dominance in the field and at the plate and everyone else, the Yankees are definately the front runner.

Indians vs Cubs, If you want to win some money, trust me. :D

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Im rooting for Arizona all the way

Alright revision time:

AL East: Red Sox (95-67)

AL Central: Cleveland (96-66)

AL West: Angels (95-67)

AL WC: Yankees** (94-68)

NL East: Mets (90-72)

NL Central: Cubs (87-75)

NL West: Arizona (92-70)

NL WC: Phillies*? (88-91 wins - I think they'll win 89-90 - one loss to the Braves, one to the Nats), Rockies** (87-89 wins - they can't have a 14 game win streak...can they? 4-2), Padres (87-90 wins - no bradley - no runs - 3-3)

* Still like a 1/10 chance of winning the division.

** Still like a 1/20 chance of winning the division

Playoffs:

Round 1 -

Phillies vs. Arizona

Cubs vs. Mets

Cleveland vs. Yankees

Red Sox vs. Angels

Round 2 -

Phillies vs. Cubs

Cleveland vs. Angels

Round 3 -

Phillies vs. Cleveland

If The Source ruled the world...it would be like this...

Phillies/Cubs/Arizona/Rockies (wc)

Red Sox/Cleveland/Angels/Yankees (wc)

Philly over Rockies in an epic 5 games

Cubs over Arizona in an epic 5 games

Cleveland over Yankees in an epic 5 games

Angels over Red Sox in an epic 5 games

Phillies vs. Cubs - Phillies in 7

Cleveland vs. Angels - Angels in 7

Phillies over Angels in 7...on a Chris Coste pinch-hit 11th inning grandslam. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I hate to break your heart and I hope you dont got any money riding on Phils making the playoffs. They are walking into a buzz saw and bout to lose 3 straight to the Braves...