By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 Visuals Blows Away All Competition

After watching the 5 min gameplay of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, I have been left speechless, I hear this is a common symptom with most PS3 exclusives of late, but this has taken it too far, the game looks incredible, so incredible...nothing else on consoles matches it.

The detail in the character models, faces, environments, explosions, lighting and animations are absolutely fantastic, I have to give special recognition to just how crisp the textures of this game look, I think the secret to the uniquely crisp textures are the fact that they are hand-painted!

For those of you that haven't seen it, you need to go watch this footage, it's stunning in every sense of the word, and if this is the level of visual fidelity we can come to expect from every level in the game, I can't wait to see gameplay of some snowy areas.

From loads of insider sources I'm in contact with, they are stating that Nathan Drakes character model alone contains more detail than in some other games environments. various shaders have been applied to his body, and an even more improved expression engine has been used to craft characters organic facial expressions with great care.

No other game comes close to the level of perfection in this games visuals, the character models look fantastic and environmental detail is out of this world, Gears who? It's Uncharted all the way baby! 

http://www.badassgamerblog.com/2009/05/uncharted-2-visuals-blows-away-all.html

Around the Network

Already posted.

I'm having a deja-vu moment, both by the post and the content, i predict I will have many of these by the end of this year :)

Im a Ninfando, but honestly, this game looks pretty darn sweet. My friend saw the multiplayer screens and thought it was a PC game. Its really pretty.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

please stop posting these stupid blogs, i could easily make on myself about how awful the game looks (not saying it does)

Around the Network

You're late.

4 ≈ One

it does looks nice but i still need more footage to say it looks better than killzone 2 or heavy rain.

its nice but MF2 will have the best graphics

deathgod33 said:
its nice but MF2 will have the best graphics

MF2?

Already posted, but still true