By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rug Doll Kung Fu is Awesome Game. (better than smash brothers?)

I have both Wii and PS3 (also PSP, DS).  So I don't mean to bash on Wii.  But after playing Rug Doll Kung Fu, I was surprised how great the game is.  The game mechanics is nothing but awesome.  Overall, control scheme and variation of games, I personally felt Rug Doll Kung Fu is better than Smash Brothers.   

However, there is a big flaw in this game that is "NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER."  I just cannot believe that they did not include this feature.  The lack of online multiplayer makes this game from being AAA party game to good offline party game.  But now that Sprint started to give this game out for free, I wonder if the publisher plans to sell online multiplayer support as DLC or patch.

What do you all think?

Around the Network

I didn't like it much... especially now since I payed 10 bucks for it over a week ago...

4 ≈ One

Hardly, it's been getting terrible reviews.

mmm... I don't think so, but it is a good game, I didn't like SSBB thatt much I guess it's not my type of game

In my last hour I'm slave to power of death!!!

Hmm.. I guess it's just me then... For some reason, I really like the game. Though I didn't like Smash Brothers much. And I don't even know what makes me think this way. But it sounds like general public is not feeling the same way as I am, which makes me think less chance of online multiplayer support in future.

I'll just wait until Bomberman Ultra comes out on PS3...

Around the Network

I didn't like smash but I can tell you no, and your opinion is wrong. =)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Why comparing it to smash bros?I mean just tell us how much you enjoy the game,that´s ok.But why comparing it to Smash bros,probably no fighter is better than smash bros this generation according to the critics.

The reason is that it's the most well known title in this genere i.e. the gold standard.  I know it's from different platform, but as I have both systems myself and have played both games, it was natural for me to compare the two.  But I see your point and hope I didn't make it sound like comparing Consoles.  

I was awaiting that thread...

I also like a lot Rag Dull Kung Fu but in general, I think I still prefer Brawl.

But it really is a fun game and I agree that on some aspects, it's better than Brawl.

ctk495 said:
Why comparing it to smash bros?I mean just tell us how much you enjoy the game,that´s ok.But why comparing it to Smash bros,probably no fighter is better than smash bros this generation according to the critics.

This one is:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/streetfighter4

OP:

I got it for free yesterday, it's okay, but nothing special. I've played Smash Bros only twice at my friend's house and it wasn't really my cup of tea. However, it is more polished and better than Rag Doll Kung Fu.