By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Manchester United Premier League Champions 2008/09

Congrats to Man.Unt.
But what is the FA Community Shiled ?Is it the FA cup?If so haven't they dropped from that?
Also they have a chance to make it 4 this season with the CL(5 if that isn't the FA cup).

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
Why do Canadians have to support English teams?

I never knew you have to be from Manchester, United Kingdom to support Man Utd?

The F.A cup is a knock out competition. They were knocked out by Everton in the semi Finals. They are in the final of the Champions League. Thats basically all the ebst teams in Europe. Always dominated by ManU Chelsea Liverpool Arsenal. The Comminity shiled was at the start of the season and is the F.A Cup winner vs Prem Winner of the season before. I cant remember the result, but it isnt usually considered a major competition.

CaptainPrefrences said:
FootballFan said:

You dont thats why the term glory hunter was invented. Because people from outside the UK happen to choose the best side in the world. There you go i said it, the BEST.

brute said:
Congrats to Man.Unt.
But what is the FA Community Shiled ?Is it the FA cup?If so haven't they dropped from that?
Also they have a chance to make it 4 this season with the CL(5 if that isn't the FA cup).

Community shield is a match at the begining of each season where the FA Cup winners and League Champions from the previous year face off. If for example Chelsea wins the League and FA Cup, teh runners up in the league play them

Champions League is a European club tournament which you have to qualify by finishing 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th in your domestic league the season before. Bigger footballing countries get more spots though. For example, 1st and 2nd spot in England Spain and Italy get automatic qualification into the group stages where 3rd and 4th place teams play in qualifyign rounds with other teams. Smaller countries like Sweden or Poland get 1 Champions league spot and they have to qualify. Example: 3rd placed team from England (Arsenal) play Polish Champions Wislaw Krakov in 2 legs. Who ever wins advances to the group stages.

I think im right lol.

Around the Network

you are correct. :D

FootballFan said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
FootballFan said:

You dont thats why the term glory hunter was invented. Because people from outside the UK happen to choose the best side in the world. There you go i said it, the BEST.

Yes, but I don't support Man Utd because they are the best... Ive been supporting them since I was young and didn't know anything about football. When I started supporting them the ywernt winning titles, and they were getting killed in Champions League. When I got older and was 14 they finally won the PL and it just so happens that they continued to dominate for the past 2 years. If Liverpool somehow started raping everyone for 5 years staright starting next season I would still support Man Utd. Most Utd fans especially in North America back them because of Ronaldo etc. I support the club not players.

What are you talking about? Im 14 and i am aware of Manchester Uniteds dominence since the day i could walk. Your 16 so i presume you started with football at the same time as me. Manchester United have been dominating since 1990.

Manchester United 1992-1993
Manchester United 1993-1994

Manchester United 1995-1996
Manchester United 1996-1997

Manchester United 1998-1999
Manchester United 2000-2001

Manchester United 2002-2003

Manchester United 2006-2007
Manchester United 2007-2008
Manchester United 2008-2009

Sorry, I meant to say that when I really started to get to know football and started to get interested in it, that was when Man Utd couldn't win shit which was between 03 and 06. They only won a League Cup in those years I think. When Chelsea was raping teh PL I couldve gone a support them, but I still had belief in Utd and they came back in 06-07

My point is Manchester UTD have always been there in my era of 1990s+. To be honest i have know problem with anyone supporting anyone i just had to come up with a quick reply to that harsh stealing comment. :/