By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Manchester United Premier League Champions 2008/09

Manchester United have won the Permier League title for the 11th time (in 17seasons) after a goaless draw at old Trafford watched by 75,400+. It is thier 3rd title in a row and the second time they have acheived this feat. It equals Loserfools record of 18 top flight titles (scousers last came in 1990). Manchester United have won 27 games this season, 4 more than Liverpool and Chelski and have fewer draws than either side. It is the 11th time Sir Alex Ferguson has lifted the trophy (his 35th) only the second time its been lifted at Old Trafford (it happended before in treble season of 1999). It is United's fourth piece of silverware this season. United have already won the league Cup, FA Community Shiled and FIFA Club World Cup. This season saw United set a new English/British League record for minutes without conceding a goal and saw no.1 keeper Van Der Sar win a Merit Award for keeping 14 consecutive clean sheets, Ryan Giggs won PFA Player of the Year and six United players were named in the PFA Team of the Year. Well done to all the players and staff that made it possible and a big thank you to Sir Alex Ferguson - who incidentally is the most decorated manager in british football history and has won more trophies than all previous United manager's put together.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

Manchester United have used 31 different players in the Premier League this season, and goals have come from 15 different players.

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

*sigh* well done

I'm just going to cry about at the Aston Villa scoreline.

@highwaystar101 - aston villa have done well to this season, congrats on qualifying for europe

^ Yeah, it's just a shame the end of the season has been utter bollocks though. We need to buy three GOOD defenders and an ace Left/Center midfielder to replace Barry when he goes. But I reckon O'Niel is to stubborn to buy defenders for some reason, despite the infinite transfer budget.

Well, done on equaling Liverpools record though. Next season could be an interesting one though between you two.

Around the Network

Champions again, no surprise there. It takes a team of winners and players who are willing to do anything for their club which is what Utd are. Fuck Liverpool, they can burn in hell for all I care. Dumb fucks never shower and make excuses about how they couldve doen this couldve done that Bullshit. At the end of they day the team who comes in first wins the title which is what Liverpool havnt dont in 20 YEARS.

You might have beat us twice this season but to be champs you actually have to beat Hull West Ham, Stoke, Villa, Everton, etc at home. Enjoy your PFA player of the year because thats all you will ever win. Tevez will NEVER go to Liverpool, SAF is not a fool. Next year will be the same thing all over again scousers. Chelsea will have a stronger team and they not you will challenge us for the title. Btw I dont support United because they win a a lot, Ive been supporting them since I was 5. I was there when they couldnt win a league title for 3 years and they got wrecked in CL over and over but I still believed in them and wE GET 3 LEAGUE TITLES 1 CL and 1 soon to come in 3 seasons. BEAT THAT.

Get In!

3 in a row for the second time under Sir Alex, and we have soo many good young players coming through, Champions League next and hopefully more glory next season! 1 more to beat the scosers record!

this thread is shit.

1st the worst 2nd the best?

To be honest it strikes me that, especially today, that I do not know A SINGLE Man U fan from Manchester and everyone I know from Manchester supports Man City.

Most supporters of ManU Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea arnt actually from Those places. Heck some are not even from the country!