By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Anime How they turned the Best Show into the Worst

@Words Of Wisdom

Yes Pokemon (First 82 eps) is the Best Show EVARR!!!

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

First of all, Pokemon was only good when I was 7-12 years old and didn't know that it sucked.

Go watch Samurai X, Cowboy Bebop, and Evangelion.

Man I used to love that show but I said FUCK That when Misty left. Misty was the shit and added a nice romantic angle to the show but when she left it just lost so much

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
Man I used to love that show but I said FUCK That when Misty left. Misty was the shit and added a nice romantic angle to the show but when she left it just lost so much

What romantic edge? Have you been reading too many Pokemon doujinishi?

Pokemon has always been bad, liked it when I was 9, now its just a joke. Its lame really compared to any other anime

Around the Network

I Agree 100%, to this day i FREAKING love the originals, but as for whatever the current ones are (I dont even know now and days, to old and tolazy to care now).

But damn those where the golden days i tell ya (is 18 years old) lulz really though atm i dont know wtf is going on with pokemon its been miled so fucking much. ima teh confizzled.

You actually kept with it that long? I'm impressed, I couldn't stand watching it after about ten episodes into Johto. The first season was pure heaven (maybe that's because I was so young at the time), but after that the series got gradually worse and worse. They kept repeating the same formula for the episodes and it just got really repetitive.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

16-bit gamer said:
oh yeah i forgot about how they changed the Team Rocket Theme...that killed the show too

"surrender now or prepare to fight, fight, fight" is when Rocket got annoying to me. Actually, that constantly being the theme's end is one thing that drove me to finally drop the show.

SW-5120-1900-6153

The only epic thing about the Pokemon series was the pokerap:

I agree, the first season was awesome, even if Ash lost the Pokemon League which did upset me as a kid, I was really cheering for him at the time. But you've managed to stay with the show for 422 episodes? After the Johto season started, I just said, "No more." The show just got so repetitive, the characters never actually developed besides some clothes changes every now and then.

I can basically sum up 48 out of every 50 episodes like this:
-Ash and friends are walking along,
-They meet some random character and a Pokemon,
-Team Rocket plans capturing Ash's Pikachu again,
-Ash and friends begin to learn their lesson of the day,
-Team Rocket shows up and does their dumb motto (took me years to get it out of my head, please don't refresh me),
-Ash and friends battle Team Rocket,
-TEAM ROCKETZ BLAZTINGS OFF AGAINZZZ!!!,
-Ash and friends learn their lesson of the day and walk along as if nothing happened.

Besides the occasional episode that actually tried to do something different, this is basically what practically every episode I can name was like. It's fine to do maybe every once in a while, but don't make it for every single episode. That's like watching The Simpsons for 500 episodes and all they did was basically follow the same plot for 480 or more of them but with a few minor deatil changes here and there.

And the movies, don't get me started, the movies are basically 90 minute commercials that totally contradict a great deal of everything that makes Pokemon what it is. That's what I can say about them overall, and you can't feel for the characters unless you've been bored enough to follow every episode from the TV show.

This is basically why I think Nintendo games shouldn't be turned into movies or anime, it generally turns out bad. What's worse is that if it's successful, it'll be keep being done until people can't take it anymore. I'm guessing kids still watch it, but it doesn't work for people like me anymore. If the show is going to expand for over 500 episodes, there better be a crap load of good character development. If the writers did that instead of keeping Ash as some character who never grows up, maybe we'd have something interesting. Maybe Ash could be giving advice TO trainers and sharing his wisdom with the experiences that he had for a change, maybe actually make a step to becoming a Pokemon Master, or here's one really crazy idea, HOW ABOUT HAVING THE EVENTS FROM THE MOVIES ACTUALLY AFFECT THE SHOW?!?!?!

If this formula had been done for the 500 episodes that progressed, Ash would probably be one of the deepest characters in TV history by now. But no, he's still a rookie from what I've seen! That's basically the problem with the show, the events that take place never actually develop the characters, and as a result the show never goes anywhere, and the show just keeps getting as redundant as redundant gets! This just shows what the show was intended to be from the beginning, advertising. Kunihiko Yuyama never cared about anyone who was interested in seeing Ash grow up along with the audience or actually try to become a Pokemon Master, instead the show was created as a mere cash-in for the series. But hey, if we've noticed by now, the folks who made this show basically have this to say, "We don't care if you've developed a critical mind by now, we've already got your money! Harharhar!"

Well this turned out to be somewhat of a rant, I hope I didn't make myself sound stupid or anything. But hey, the games are still cool.

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P