By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 selling on par with X360 is good or bad??

@ Ausfalcon

Magnetic Systems (aka Magnetic and Realize), I think I moderated you here in this thread:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=5048&forum=2&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

A former Pegasos dealer based in New York, often in unprovoked angry disputes with AmigaOS4 developers and managers and hailing Bill Buck's (past) involvement with MorphOS.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
MikeB said:

@ Ausfalcon

Magnetic Systems (aka Magnetic and Realize), I think I moderated you here in this thread:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=5048&forum=2&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

A former Pegasos dealer based in New York, often in unprovoked angry disputes with AmigaOS4 developers and managers and hailing Bill Buck's (past) involvement with MorphOS.

You are free to guess at whoever you want to.  I have no intention of getting into a process of eliminaton game with you.  You've already given a whole litany of your former enemies from the world of Amiga here in several recent threads at VGChartz.  I see no reason to feed your guessing game so that you might attack more folks from your past here.  You do that one your own just fine, you don't need my help to do it.

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

PS3 selling on par with X360 is good or bad??

That's what op wanted to know kiddies, is it so hard to stay even remotely on topic.

Yes the PS3 doing on par with the 360 is rather freaking good given the circumstances.

@ Ausfalcon

You are no enemy to me, "realize". I disliked your marketing efforts on the then new AmigaWorld website as we clearly stated we wanted to differentiate ourselves from other Amiga websites infected by MorphOS propaganda.

I however considered you pretty harmless, despite many abuse reports I only accepted few of them and I don't think I ever banned you from posting. Just lots of warnings to cool down a little.

We wanted to keep things strictly Amiga as there was no Amiga forum where AmigaOS4 could be quietly discussed like for example MorphOS could be discussed on MorphZone amongst other websites. Some people felt they should spread the MorphOS gospel at AmigaWorld too. IMO luckily those days are past us now and you need to move on.

Honestly this is not healthy.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

twingo said:
PS3 selling on par with X360 is good or bad??

That's what op wanted to know kiddies, is it so hard to stay even remotely on topic.

Yes the PS3 doing on par with the 360 is rather freaking good given the circumstances.

Before the launch of the PS3, nobody would have said that, ever.  This is the utter disaster that the PS3 has been compared to Sony's expectations.

Around the Network

its bad for the 360 i mean its half the price and in some areas more than half the price cheaper i believe once ps3 goes to 300$ it will be game over with 360 selling on par with the ps3 i believe that that will happen soon

Play Me

It is both good and bad.

Bad for one company.
Good for the other.

Looking gen to gen good for Microsoft
Looking at price Sony.
Overall: Microsoft

My websites

http://catprog.org

Online games that I play:

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?Catprog

My opinion:

Sony's perspective: Fine. They have financial problems they need to get under control. How is boosting PS3 sales going to help fix their troubles when they still might be losing money on every console they make?

Microsoft's perspective: Good. Sony is not completely and utterly defeated like they planned, but they surpassed a lot of expectations and secured a respectable place in this market. As long as Microsoft is able to keep things this way, what is there not to be content with?

PS3 fan's perspective: Concerned. Sony has been barely meeting expectations from the start. Even though much progress has been made, many challenges still lie ahead. Why would supporters not be frustrated?

360 fan's perspective: Great. The more developers that are confident and willing to work with the 360, the more quality games you can expect. Does this not sound good to you?

I see, that people still don`t get it.

Considering, that PS3 cost 2x times MORE(for an entry price), than x360 - It`s GOOD for Sony/PS3.

If PS3 would sell on par with x360, while having SAME entry price - that would be BAD for Sony/PS3.

And of`course, having 2x time lower entry price for x360 and still selling only on PAR - is BAD for M$/x360.

It`s simple, because when/IF PS3 will have SAME x360 Pro(atleast) entry price, it will be most likely OUTSELLING x360, which is GOOD for Sony/pS3.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

MikeB said:

@ Ausfalcon

You are no enemy to me, "realize". I disliked your marketing efforts on the then new AmigaWorld website as we clearly stated we wanted to differentiate ourselves from other Amiga websites infected by MorphOS propaganda.

I however considered you pretty harmless, despite many abuse reports I only accepted few of them and I don't think I ever banned you from posting. Just lots of warnings to cool down a little.

We wanted to keep things strictly Amiga as there was no Amiga forum where AmigaOS4 could be quietly discussed like for example MorphOS could be discussed on MorphZone amongst other websites. Some people felt they should spread the MorphOS gospel at AmigaWorld too. IMO luckily those days are past us now and you need to move on.

Honestly this is not healthy.

I get it Mike, now you'll push the idea that I am this person real hard in hopes that it will stick.  Whats really messed up about this is that you are blaming this person when you have no verification that he and I are the same person.  As I already told you I never had an abuse report.  So no I am not this guy.  Also as mentioned I use all three Amiga variants which according to you, would not be the case if I was this guy.

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)