By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 selling on par with X360 is good or bad??

Lets see. the Playstation brand sold over 300 million hand helds and portables and was a main staple of Sony's annual profits. Xbox 1 sold about 22 million and was considered a collosal failure.  Microsoft started this generation with a very tiny hard core fan base that basically revolved around their affection to Halo and Sony started with the largest game fan base ever created in history.

Now the PS 3 and Xbox 360 are selling about equal.  That means Microsoft effectively erased Sony's 11 years of montrous success and put them on an even keel with themselves. Not only that, the Xbox 360 has NEVER had a YOY decrease in any quarter or year and the PS3 already has in its third year.

Around the Network

Doesnt matter, everyone in the world is broke so all they see is the $199.99 to $399.99 difference.

Damage control from Crazzies thread?

a 300 pound ps3 selling the same as a 129 pounds 360 both having more or less the same games. I would say that is brand POWA

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

We should know next generation when the successor to the xbox is released and Sony pull out having blown too much money this time round.

nvm..

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
Damage control from Crazzies thread?

a 300 pound ps3 selling the same as a 129 pounds 360 both having more or less the same games. I would say that is brand POWA

Its not damage control, its reality

Playstation is like the Hummer car. It was the symbol of power and ownage a while back, now people are jumping ship to the more economical toyota hybrid (ms). Wii can be honda.

Then check the data and facts again. 2 identical items are being sold. 1 for 300 1 for 129. Why isnt the PS3 dead yet

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

300million handhelds?!

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
300million handhelds?!

consoles and handhelds combined. PS1+PS2+PSP