By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would the "street price" for WM+ be?

I am guessing it'll be sold out for a long time like WiiFit.

And that means we'll see price jacked up, way up, on ebay and such.

What's your prediction on how much people are willing to pay for?

AFAIK, WM+ addon is retailing for $20 USD.

Now, it would be silly to create a prediction thread without having my own.

I am going to go with average of ~$50 USD for the first 6 months and continue that way until Nintendo produce enough to kill of the shortages.

Around the Network

I doubt it.. because Wii Sports Resort comes out July 26 and the Wii Fit crowd is definitely going to want that game.. plus there are a few others that will bundle Motion+ so it shouldn't be a big deal like Wii Fit.

Are we talking about launch week here? Or sometime after the initial rush has settled into a steady shortage?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

My prediction included shortages. Nintendo and shortage quite often, no?

I don't think it'll happen. The whole point of it not being there at launch was to wait for the tech to be more accessible. Unless Nintendo severely underestimates demand, this device should be at least as plentiful as standalone Wiimotes and Nunchuks

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I doubt people will be spending more than $20 for it online. At most, I'd say the price goes up to $25. This just isn't going to be as popular with the new crowd as the original Wii remote and the balance board. I think they'll also be supplying enough to stop crazy price gouging.

I sure hope we dont have any kind of shortages.

I guess that´s why nintendo is releasing it before Wii Sports Resort:

hardcore gamers will buy Wii Motion Plus as soon as it hits the stores, while the casual crowd will ravage retailers at WiiSports Resort launch date, leaving not a single unit of WM+ left.

i hope i get mine before they all fly away!