By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people say GT is leagues ahead of Forza?

Rpruett said:
yo_john117 said:
twingo said:
yo_john117 said:

The only thing i disagree with is point number 5...I don't see how GT could actually teach you to race properly irl.

Well disagree all you want, you tend to be wrong alot.

kid went from playing GT to now persuing a legit racing career, from GT to a real life 350Z.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/29636/gt-academy-winner-intends-to-continue-motorsport-career/

O really so i'm wrong for having an opinion? 

But hey if GT can teach you to race so can forza since they are pretty much the same game

And also their are plenty of games that destroy forza and GT for realism....

So since you so truly hearold GT as the end all of racing games but the only thing you really say is better about it is the way it handles, then why don't you play one of the racing sims on the pc that are more realistic??  eh smart one??

Hypothetically speaking, what would you do if Forza 3 destroys GT5 in every single possible way (I'm not saying it actually will) what would you do??

but wait i can answer that.  You would still hail GT to be the best racing sim in the universe....hell even if the next GT turned out to be an arcade racer you would still hail it as the end to be all racing game and say it is the most realistic....Doesn't matter if GT5 got 70's, you would still hail it at the best.

Play forza 2 and stop being so freakin biased because they are not THAT much different: and that is actually a fact that most sane logical people will say if they have trully played them both.

Bottom line is i don't care which one people prefer, thats their opinion and i'm ok with that...I don't care if YOU prefer GT over forza, but the people that say GT is leagues ahead of forza are just plain daft!!

Also i know your goina cherrypick the living fuck out of this post and reply something stupid like "WTF kid you think GT is goina get 70's?!?!"  cause thats what fanboys do..cherrypick one little thing from a post so they can be right in one tiny little aspect of the grand arguement. 

Yup. 

Resistance 2 and Halo 3 aren't that much different either.  Why do people say Halo 3 is leagues ahead of Resistance?  You could do this all day. 

Gran Turismo is bar none the best console racing sim ever created.  The only things it has lacked as a series are on the verge of being added in GT5.  If all of these features make the final cut?   Forza can't compete at that level. Solid, Quality game?  Sure Forza fits that billing.  In the same class as a Gran Turismo?  Not a chance.

Actually Resistance 2 is quite different then Halo 3 from what i've seen.  And i've never played resistance 2 single player very much and no online play for it so i'm in no position to say if its better than halo 3 or not...

I definatly won't argue with you about the GT being the best console racing sim ever cause i believe it is...but just saying forza isn't that far behind it in features and all that...

Around the Network

yo_john117 thread:
Why do people say GT is leagues ahead of Forza?

yo_john117 said:
Play forza 2 and stop being so freakin biased because they are not THAT much different: and that is actually a fact that most sane logical people will say if they have trully played them both.

yo_john117 said:
he people that say GT is leagues ahead of forza are just plain daft!!

kerrak says:
why are you asking? Your opinion on the subject seems rather settled. And why do you create this thread? To despise other people? I just don't understand.

Because it is.

kerrak said:
yo_john117 thread:

yo_john117 said:

yo_john117 said:

kerrak says:
why are you asking? Your opinion on the subject seems rather settled. And why do you create this thread? To despise other people? I just don't understand. 

why do we create any of the threads that we do?

But to answer your question: I created this thread because i'm sick of people saying that GT is so much better when its obviously not.  This quote of mine pretty much sums it up easy

"Bottom line is i don't care which one people prefer, thats their opinion and i'm ok with that...I don't care if YOU prefer GT over forza, but the people that say GT is leagues ahead of forza are just plain daft!!"

yo_john117 said:
Rpruett said:
yo_john117 said:
twingo said:
yo_john117 said:

The only thing i disagree with is point number 5...I don't see how GT could actually teach you to race properly irl.

Well disagree all you want, you tend to be wrong alot.

kid went from playing GT to now persuing a legit racing career, from GT to a real life 350Z.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/29636/gt-academy-winner-intends-to-continue-motorsport-career/

O really so i'm wrong for having an opinion? 

But hey if GT can teach you to race so can forza since they are pretty much the same game

And also their are plenty of games that destroy forza and GT for realism....

So since you so truly hearold GT as the end all of racing games but the only thing you really say is better about it is the way it handles, then why don't you play one of the racing sims on the pc that are more realistic??  eh smart one??

Hypothetically speaking, what would you do if Forza 3 destroys GT5 in every single possible way (I'm not saying it actually will) what would you do??

but wait i can answer that.  You would still hail GT to be the best racing sim in the universe....hell even if the next GT turned out to be an arcade racer you would still hail it as the end to be all racing game and say it is the most realistic....Doesn't matter if GT5 got 70's, you would still hail it at the best.

Bottom line is i don't care which one people prefer, thats their opinion and i'm ok with that...I don't care if YOU prefer GT over forza, but the people that say GT is leagues ahead of forza are just plain daft!!

Also i know your goina cherrypick the living fuck out of this post and reply something stupid like "WTF kid you think GT is goina get 70's?!?!"  cause thats what fanboys do..cherrypick one little thing from a post so they can be right in one tiny little aspect of the grand arguement. 

Yup. 

Resistance 2 and Halo 3 aren't that much different either.  Why do people say Halo 3 is leagues ahead of Resistance?  You could do this all day. 

Gran Turismo is bar none the best console racing sim ever created.  The only things it has lacked as a series are on the verge of being added in GT5.  If all of these features make the final cut?   Forza can't compete at that level. Solid, Quality game?  Sure Forza fits that billing.  In the same class as a Gran Turismo?  Not a chance.

Actually Resistance 2 is quite different then Halo 3 from what i've seen.  And i've never played resistance 2 single player very much and no online play for it so i'm in no position to say if its better than halo 3 or not...

I definatly won't argue with you about the GT being the best console racing sim ever cause i believe it is...but just saying forza isn't that far behind it in features and all that...

Actually currently Gran Turismo can not be considered a AAA franchise based on the last full game GT4.

AAA's are judge here on VGChartz by 90+ Meta scores.

GT4 = 89

GT4's direct competitor at the time was Forza 1.

Forza 1 = 92.

Forza 2 has no competition other than GT5P

F2 = 90

GT5P = 80

Actually even Gran Turismo HD scored higher than GT5P on metacritic. GT HD Concept = 82.

And Forza 3 and GT5 will go head to head. So currently Forza is AAA and GT is not.

Around the Network

GT is the Halo of racing game, there might be arguably better racing simulator around but nothing can touch the absolute prestige that the series has built up.

I know people that usually wouldn't touch video games who will go out and get a PS3, a racing wheel, chair, the whole lot just for this one game.

It is a brand recognised by the industry it tries to emulate as the definitive expirience and it has gotten to the point where the industry can and will often pay homage to it.

That is why it is considered league ahead of Forza, its brand recognition is simply unparralled. In reality both are great games, but only one has the full force of the motor industry behind it.

yo_john117 said:
kerrak said:
yo_john117 thread:

yo_john117 said:

yo_john117 said:

kerrak says:

But to answer your question: I created this thread because i'm sick of people saying that GT is so much better when its obviously not.  This quote of mine pretty much sums it up easy

"Bottom line is i don't care which one people prefer, thats their opinion and i'm ok with that...I don't care if YOU prefer GT over forza, but the people that say GT is leagues ahead of forza are just plain daft!!"

oh John please stop crying about this, I cant bear to hear it any more! What is it you don't understand? where all the anger coming from? is this anger coming from a subconcious level? lets make and example to explain to you in a context you'd understand and like , if someone asked "why do people say Halo is leagues ahead of killzone?"
I prefere killzone personally because i think its got better graphics, and seems more serious ,but I understand it can't compete with halo cause its such a wide audianced and well loved game, IT JUST IS BETTER

now replace those games with gt and forza. Gt will always be better IT JUST IS, and I think most people on here understand that, why cant you just except it? , is it because GT isnt on your favriot console?

phinch1 said:
yo_john117 said:
kerrak said:
yo_john117 thread:

yo_john117 said:

yo_john117 said:

kerrak says:

oh John please stop crying about this, I cant bear to hear it any more! What is it you don't understand? where all the anger coming from? is this anger coming from a subconcious level? lets make and example to explain to you in a context you'd understand and like , if someone asked "why do people say Halo is leagues ahead of killzone?"
I prefere killzone personally because i think its got better graphics, and seems more serious ,but I understand it can't compete with halo cause its such a wide audianced and well loved game, IT JUST IS BETTER

now replace those games with gt and forza. Gt will always be better IT JUST IS, and I think most people on here understand that, why cant you just except it? , is it because GT isnt on your favriot console?

You can't compare Halo with Killzone as they are really nothing alike

If you're goina compare something make sure both games are extremely close to each other...which Gt and Forza are.

Now i really don't know why i keep having to repeat the same thing so many times but here it is.

I even say GT is in general better...but leagues ahead, no.  I really don't know why this is so hard to understand...

yo_john117 said:
phinch1 said:
yo_john117 said:
kerrak said:
yo_john117 thread:

yo_john117 said:

yo_john117 said:

kerrak says:

If you're goina compare something make sure both games are extremely close to each other...which Gt and Forza are.

Now i really don't know why i keep having to repeat the same thing so many times but here it is.

I even say GT is in general better...but leagues ahead, no.  I really don't know why this is so hard to understand...

how are they not alike?

ok here another example of why its leauges ahead GT 10 million-14 million sales on games, and forza has sold how many? no way near as much because it isnt in the same leauge

phinch1 said:
yo_john117 said:
phinch1 said:
yo_john117 said:
kerrak said:
yo_john117 thread:

yo_john117 said:

yo_john117 said:

kerrak says:

how are they not alike?

ok here another example of why its leauges ahead GT 10 million-14 million sales on games, and forza has sold how many? no way near as much because it isnt in the same leauge

Well they are both FPS....but thats really where the similarities end as far as i know..

But when i talk about GT being leagues ahead of Forza i'm talking quality wise, not sales wise....quality wise neither of them are leagues ahead of the other...sales wise and brand awareness GT is leagues ahead of Forza