By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the ingredients to make a fanboy?

CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
@zizzla

Sorry? are you calling me a fanboy?

Honestly, kowenicki, no I wouldn't. You seem to favor Microsoft, but so what. That doesn't, by any means, make you a "fanboy". IMO, I fight with you sometimes myself, not realizing that you just have a different opinion then myself, which I shouldn't do a lot of the time. Because you at least play other things then what you favor. So, IMO, NO you are not a "fanboy".

Don't be answering my Questions!!!!!!

Around the Network

I got it from you...I figured it would make you laugh

Been called the "xbox man" pretty much sums up this thread.

O yes i no theres a Nintendo man and Plays...man. But talking about been a fanboy and been called that is just ridiculous.

I hope that the fact that everyone is ignoring my post means that we're all in agreement that I am 100% correct.

Woooooo!

wfz said:
I hope that the fact that everyone is ignoring my post means that we're all in agreement that I am 100% correct.

Woooooo!

Former something....

Around the Network

You need a pinch of arrogance, a dash of stupidity, a scoop of flame, a sprinkle of homophobic tendencies, a bit of illogical reasoning, a hint of desperation, drizzle a little sadness on it and top it off with a teaspoon of fail.

A person who has a company logo as their avatar. That person is VERY suspect of being a fanboy. You need to be wary of ANYTHING they write on here.

Ok, everyone, now you know why I hate myself in the morning
(Sheesh, do I really need an emoticon there? I mean... REALLY!)

People who make fun of consoles

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Eh.......you have a pretty good idea of the ingredients yourself

The Xbox Man said:

What are they?

For me they were:

Constantly being told PS3 > 360 in everything

constantly being told PS3 will overtake 360 as soon as a price drop will come

constantly being told my console will not last in the future & its games will look old soon

finally being banned from GAF for a simple joke

spontaneous & weird nature

If you are a fanboy, speak up & tell me what made you who you are?

for me, this is an animal, and not a fanboy. A fanboy is the guy that loves the ideas of a company like Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, etc. The 3 companies that I told before, has a lot of different ideas, so is not a crazy thing when a guy says "I love the Microsoft", because perhaps he loves the idea of great interactivity in the game, great power, competitiveness (the live and the achievements means something for you?), good ideas for multiplayer and other things, when a guy says "i am a Nintendo fanboy", maybe he loves the mix of simplicity + fun +  gameplay + friendly characters (Mario, Yoshi, etc). All the 3 companies have something original, you can't blame a guy just because he likes the idea of a company, but you can blame the trolls, the flameboys, etc.

I am a Nintendo fanboy, and what you see in a lot of foruns today is not a fanboy, is an animal that don't know how to live with other person that has another opinion and disturbs the others :). A lot of these guys even don't know what they are doing, and what the company that he follows as if were a religion is or the ideas of this company. He just want to use the "shirt" and go fight against the others in the foruns. Now you tell me, this is a fanboy or an animal that don't know how to respect the others?

I am a Nintendo fanboy because of a lot of things, but I respect the other companies and ideas. One idea that i don't like is the focus exceeded on AI (artificial intelligence) that Sony loves, but I respect who likes the idea, and agree that is an intelligent idea. Videogame for me is just for fun, and not reality, but for a lot of people, fun in a videogame means reality or AI, and also I can respect this idea.

I am sorry for the big text, and the errors, I am trying to improve my english...